Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Steelers Off - Season

Backup

User Info Menu

My Steelers Off - Season

Let go of Foote, Hampton, Colon, Keisal, Starks and Harrison---save the cap space. Harrison and Keisal will hurt but we have got to make the trip to the young guys.

Let the 1st rnd DE Pick finally get his chance in Heyward. McClendon should of started last year (I don't know why people are have us taking a DT in 1st rnd--Guy is solid)

Do what we can to resign K Lewis at a fair price.

Resign Wallace or tag him. The above money saved should be at least be able to tag him with Franchise Tag. Its ok if this can't happen (we have saunders and Cothery)

For Heaven's sake ---bring in another Punter. I am sick of 38 yard punts!!!

Fire the ST coach if we havent' done that yet---They were horrible.

Tell LeBeau we would like to have Butcher take over the Defense. Give him a big send off and award. Butcher becomes our Def Co.

If Haley comes back---tell Ben to handle things behind closed doors not on the field--Like showing his disgust on a Haley call that just came in.

Bring in a RB that another team has written off, treated badly or just has to much depth (M Jones Drew for Wallace trade) Not happening but I can dream--so just go with the former with a written off RB with talent who is a free agent. ( Ahmad Bradshaw) trade a 4th rnd pick for.

Eat it up boys---Oh yea a second TE would be nice to compliment Miller--THOUGHTS? And will this work?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We have no one to play in Foote's place, so I think he will be back for one more year. Ditto for Harrison, if you plug Worilds in that spot we have zero depth. Same problem if you let go of Hampton and Kiesel - no depth behind Ziggy and Heyward, both on whom have underwhelmed to this point. Wallace? I think he is as good as gone. I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a bigger WR in the first or second round, depending on the BPA. I for one think they are foolish to keep on trying to get rid of Starks, he was the only guy that played every snap this year - at LT to boot, and the idea of Gilbert starting and staying healthy all year is scary to say the least.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Let go of Foote, Hampton, Colon, Keisal, Starks and Harrison---save the cap space. Harrison and Keisal will hurt but we have got to make the trip to the young guys.

Let the 1st rnd DE Pick finally get his chance in Heyward. McClendon should of started last year (I don't know why people are have us taking a DT in 1st rnd--Guy is solid)

Resign Wallace or tag him. The above money saved should be at least be able to tag him with Franchise Tag. Its ok if this can't happen (we have saunders and Cothery)

Tell LeBeau we would like to have Butcher take over the Defense. Give him a big send off and award. Butcher becomes our Def Co.

If Haley comes back---tell Ben to handle things behind closed doors not on the field--Like showing his disgust on a Haley call that just came in.

Bring in a RB that another team has written off, treated badly or just has to much depth (M Jones Drew for Wallace trade) Not happening but I can dream--so just go with the former with a written off RB with talent who is a free agent. ( Ahmad Bradshaw) trade a 4th rnd pick for.

Eat it up boys---Oh yea a second TE would be nice to compliment Miller--THOUGHTS? And will this work?
    Ok for everything except letting Starks walk. That would be a major mistake.

I said when the season ended this is when we needed to bite the bullet and move on from the last generation of players to the next. It will hurt but we may see young players step in and accept the challenge and thrive.

BTW--it is Butler not Butcher who is our LB coach and DC in waiting
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ok for everything except letting Starks walk. That would be a major mistake.

I said when the season ended this is when we needed to bite the bullet and move on from the last generation of players to the next. It will hurt but we may see young players step in and accept the challenge and thrive.

BTW--it is Butler not Butcher who is our LB coach and DC in waiting
    I am actually ok with Starks staying...he wouldn't save us a ton anyways.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who is Butcher?? Is that a nickname for someone I don't know?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Let go of Foote and Colon and restrucure the other guys. Draft high - middle linebacker & pass rushing DE or OL. Keep Lewis and let Wallace go (do not franchise-not worth it. Upgrade ST performance, and draft backups for RB and TE. Open up the offense a little bit more i.e. move Rainey out wide more, do more crossing patterns, more back shoulder throws and threaten the seams more, similar to how the Saints offense does.
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post

Starter

User Info Menu

I would let Wallace walk, keep Keisel and Foote through next year and resign Starks. Let Hewyard take Hood's spot and let Adams and Gilbert fight it out for the right tackle spot.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

The secret to success- Steelers Off-season following a dissapointing year style-

Scrap everything, trade Ben, start again.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In MHO we keep foote for one more year, he led the team in tackles 113 and had 4 sacks in 2012. He offers stability out there and we have no one to take his place.
    With him staying we can give spense some reps alternating with Foote until spense is ready to take over. We don't know what we have in spense yet no tape to look at where Larry is a proven Vet who still has a year left in the tank.

As for Butcher? taking over the defense is out there way out! LeBeau is the best DC in the business and his tract record proves it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Butcher???? Do you mean Butler?