Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a choice, I'd take Russell Wilson over Ben right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    Are you bringing the offenses with them, because none of those guys would not survive behind our O line?Maybe Romo can because he's doing the same thing in Dallas.
    Have you watched RW play? He gets away from the rush better than Ben ever did or could. It's hardly as if Seattle gives him all this extra time to throw; he creates the time himself on an amazing level.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    On a side not has anyone noticed that Kaepernik has the throwing motion of a young Byron Leftwich??? That ought to take him far in this league.
    If you think CK is similar to a Leftwich, you are crazy. For one thing, BL has cinder block shoes; he can't move any where; this CK has blazing legs. And a cannon for an arm. BL is NOTHING like this guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Did you see this guy battle back vs. Atl? Dear WORD, this kid is good. He is a better QB, right NOW, then is Bonehead Ben. He can buy time in the pocket, and out side of it, BETTER than BB, plus makes better decisions on where to go with the ball. I give Pete Carrol kudos for having the stones, and the wisdom, to go with this rookie instead of their high priced QB free agent vet. Seattle still lost, but this guy brought them back on a furious pace. Ben gets so much credit for keeping a play alive, but takes a pounding in doing so and makes some real bonehead decisions with careless decisions. This guy is already superior in buying time, creating plays and the accuracy on his throws. I know most of us like to consider BB an elite QB, but this new crop of QBs is quickly leaving BB in the rear view mirror as a possible top 5 QB. As a matter of fact, if given the choice, I would choose all of these QBs BEFORE BB if I had an NFL team.

Brady
    Rogers
    Matt Ryan
    Peyton Manning - although age is a concern
    Colin Rand Kaepernick
    Russell Wilson
    Luck
    RG3 - although knee injury a concern
    Brees

And I would add in Cam Newton if he bounces back from a sophomore slump, which I think he will.

That puts BB out of the top 10 in my mind - just out of it, but out of it nonetheless.

Sorry but Russell Wilson is the real deal. And so is Kaepernick, with his wicked athletic ability paired with a cannon of an arm. These guys are the new big time QBs in the NFL; BB no longer is the current big time QB. Those days are already gone. Oh, and Brady is as deadly as ever. Amazing how he and the Pats contend every year - just amazing.
    What Chadman read:

"I haven't said anything controversial enough to elicit 100 replies today, so here I go..."
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

If you think CK is similar to a Leftwich, you are crazy. For one thing, BL has cinder block shoes; he can't move any where; this CK has blazing legs. And a cannon for an arm. BL is NOTHING like this guy.
    Chadman likes how you took the comparison of throwing motions & made it a complete QB comparison... well done. It's like saying that Sean Spence's dreads look nothing like Willie Gay's dreads used to because Spence plays linebacker.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

i'd take Luck and think about RG3. but guys like kap and RW have to prove it to me a bit longer. they dont have the pedigree of the other 2

there will be lots of tape of these guys next year (see newton this year) lets see how they adjust.

and kap is on a team thats loaded offensively

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What Chadman read:

"I haven't said anything controversial enough to elicit 100 replies today, so here I go..."
    What lloydroid read: "Look at me and my horse again. I will rip on others just to show off my horse again."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i'd take Luck and think about RG3. but guys like kap and RW have to prove it to me a bit longer. they dont have the pedigree of the other 2

there will be lots of tape of these guys next year (see newton this year) lets see how they adjust.

and kap is on a team thats loaded offensively
    When one is predicting the future play of a player, they are incorporating "vision" and "insights" - that doesn't mean they are facts - it means they are opposite of facts, but that doesn't mean they won't be proven true in the future. Players without great pedigrees can still end up being great players. What was Brady's pedigree when he was drafted?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman likes how you took the comparison of throwing motions & made it a complete QB comparison... well done. It's like saying that Sean Spence's dreads look nothing like Willie Gay's dreads used to because Spence plays linebacker.
    No, that's nothing at all what it's like. Poster said, "Ck throwing delivery looks like Leftwich's...good luck with that." That means that he is saying that similar throwing motion = similar over all results; he made that relation not I. I then pointed out the vast difference between the two QBs, as a similar throwing motion IS NOT representative of player on whole. So I am making the distinction, so all you are doing is agreeing with my assertion. Try not to vomit as you realize my logic is perfect and yours is vastly flawed.

Legend

User Info Menu

What lloydroid read: "Look at me and my horse again. I will rip on others just to show off my horse again."
    So you got that? Excellent. Got the messege across.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Choice? OK, Give me an O-line that can actually block and we're on our way to #7 with Ben!!!