Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 101

Thread: Give a choice, I'd take Russell Wilson over Ben right now.

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

    You're as myopic in an anti-Ben way as Crash is myopic in a Pro-Ben way; we'll see how it shakes out next year.

    Pappy
    Aint THAT the truth.
    People get so caught up in extremes.

    Ben is an excellent QB, with some flaws.

    He aint perfect nor is he a bum.

  2. #82
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Aint THAT the truth.
    People get so caught up in extremes.

    Ben is an excellent QB, with some flaws.

    He aint perfect nor is he a bum.
    I never said he was a bum. And he has been great in the past. But I am sick and tired of waiting for him to grow up, stop being a drama queen, stop being lazy, sloppy, unfocused and undisciplined and unaccountable. His sloppiness lost us the two most important games - where just one win would get us in the play offs, and in both cases he lost the games with moronic pics. Unacceptable. He let down millions but couldn't be bothered to pay a little attention.

  3. #83
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It's not a straw man argument...you were referring to the "new crop of QBs"...how new? You need to clarify before accusing others of a straw man argument...
    Clarify? How about I list them all. Oh, that's right, that is what I did. And then you listed a bunch of QBs which I did not list, acting as if they were who I was referring to. That is a straw man argument. Please google it.

  4. #84
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Aint THAT the truth.
    People get so caught up in extremes.

    Ben is an excellent QB, with some flaws.

    He aint perfect nor is he a bum.
    He's closer to the top than being a bum and it isn't close. There's no need to list the bums we all know who they are and we know who the best are and Ben is way closer to the best of the best than he is the worst of the worst. Seeing it any other way simply shows a disdain for Ben for some reason, maybe he stood up someones sister, maybe he didn't buy you a drink or sign an autograph, but for some reason many people don't like him.

    Pappy

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Clarify? How about I list them all. Oh, that's right, that is what I did. And then you listed a bunch of QBs which I did not list, acting as if they were who I was referring to. That is a straw man argument. Please google it.
    I don't need to google it...

    You should dictionary.com the definition of "new" as in "new crop"...

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I love these "flavor of the month" selections. Every year there are multiple young QBs who are going to eclipse Ben. Who could forget these classics?

    Mike Vick upon his return with the Eagles
    Matthew Stafford and his 5,000 yards
    Philip Rivers - drafted the same year as Ben and sooooo much better while he dumps it off to Tomlinson then watched him run 60 yards through the D
    Alex Smith just last season, not even a starter anymore
    The up and coming Sam Bradford
    Cam Newton and the Superman pose
    Teeeeeeeebooooooow
    Andy Dalton just last year
    Tony Romo.....everyone's favorite
    Matt Schaub

    And I'm sure there are more that I can't think of.......
    Don't forget Matt Ryan now that he's popped his playoff cherry.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Don't forget Matt Ryan now that he's popped his playoff cherry.
    Ya, I was going to mention Ryan at the end because he makes it twice. A couple of years ago before he had even made the playoffs he was already better than Ben. Now, after finally winning one playoff game he makes it again.

  8. #88
    A rookie QB, with one season vs a HOF QB having an MVP year before injury...yup makes sense to me.

  9. #89
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    A rookie QB, with one season vs a HOF QB having an MVP year before injury...yup makes sense to me.
    Shawn, I would love that three round draft you have in your sig.; unfortunately, I believe Lacy has played himself into the first round somewhere.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #90
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't need to google it...

    You should dictionary.com the definition of "new" as in "new crop"...
    Then why did you make a list of QBs who I never said were better than Ben? And, the sun is not made out of cheese. I can't believe that you think it is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •