Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a choice, I'd take Russell Wilson over Ben right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

On paper, the 49ers maybe the best team in the league. Ben has a cobbled together offensive line and 3 or 4 running backs that have no business being in the NFL. In fact, one just got cut. Factor in his receivers couldn't catch a cold this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The man stated what he thought and you can't knock him for that, but when you put Matt R. over Ben you lost me on that.. He is another big time choker in the makings with better protection ,wr's and te.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The man stated what he thought and you can't knock him for that, but when you put Matt R. over Ben you lost me on that.. He is another big time choker in the makings with better protection ,wr's and te.
    You might be right. I think this season might tell us which way the evaluation of Matt Ice will go. If he beats SF, then you have to lift the choker label off him. Matter of fact, finding a way to win this last game vs. Seattle was huge in my book. Seattle was the hottest team in the NFL, took a very late lead, but Matty Ice still found a way to win.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    There's a difference between being witty & clever, and being a loudmouth punk.
    Name calling is against board rules.

You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.

o Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So you got that? Excellent. Got the messege across.
    Yes, glad you can admit to it, although your breaking of board rules is going to have a negative impact on you.

Starter

User Info Menu

The comparison was in the throwing motion. You included the added extras. There's a difference between being witty & clever, and being a loudmouth punk. When you realise the difference, get back to us.
    Thank you Chadman. Im glad someone read my comment. I never said anything about mobility. CK has a long Leftwichesc delivery and IMO it will hinder his career the same way it did Leftwich. Comparison stops there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You might be right. I think this season might tell us which way the evaluation of Matt Ice will go. If he beats SF, then you have to lift the choker label off him. Matter of fact, finding a way to win this last game vs. Seattle was huge in my book. Seattle was the hottest team in the NFL, took a very late lead, but Matty Ice still found a way to win.
    Do you realize that was Matt first win and first 200 yd gm in the playoffs. Even if he beat SF i bet it wont have anything to do with his performance.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You can fully expect a warning or suspension, as you clearly are breaking board rules.
    My comment did none of what it says are against the rules.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Thank you Chadman. Im glad someone read my comment. I never said anything about mobility. CK has a long Leftwichesc delivery and IMO it will hinder his career the same way it did Leftwich. Comparison stops there.
    No, it doesn't stop there. You said, "We will see how that works out for him" implying he will be as inferior as a QB as BL was. You _DO_ know you implied that, right? Now, the reason why this is faulty logic is because CK uses his legs to put himself in position to find open targets; as he scrambles around he creates large, open windows, where, even with a long wind up, can easily be thrown to. BL, and his cinder block feet, can't create those large, open windows, hence his long wind up is more of a problem. Ever play even back yard football? What happens when a QB creates a play that goes for more than a few seconds? That's right: It's impossible to keep the WRs covered. That is what the PACKAGE skill set of CK causes. Hence, your comparison is faulty.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    My comment did none of what it says are against the rules.
    When you call someone a "fool" is that a case of name calling? Is it against board rules to call other posters names? Yes and yet.

You're making a fool of yourself on this board.
    Read the above. You wrote that. You are clearing immersed in calling others names. It is against the board rules.