Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Typical Knee-Jerk Off Season Reaction!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=BATMAN;544713]Nice comments pf73 and your sig tells it all. We do need a runningback that the Steelers will dedicate their focus upon with having him be the lead guy like Bettis once was. I don't see it in Mendenhall even though the guy has talent I don't think he has the motor, heart, desire or whatever it requires to be dominate. We've all complained about this coach or that coach but I believe we have a coach on the team that needs mentioned in the mix of, what have you don for me latley or at all for that matter and I'm speaking of Kirby.
    I see no positives from our runningback core and instead of these guys improving they seem to be doing worse. If Kirby was an o-line, special teams or OC coach on this team you could bet he would be getting a weekly ear beating from the fans.
    Wow, I don't care for him as the runningback coach and I'n not going to care for him as a OC if that day ever comes. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but right now, he isn't doing his job. Who was the runningback coach for the Steelers for so many years, anyone remember his name ?[/QUOTE]

Dick Hoak

Backup

User Info Menu

Thank you and I can't beleive I forgot his name. Dick Hoak even upon the day he retired looked as if he could run the ball. That guy did wonders with the guys he had for so many years. He must shake his head when he sees what a crapfest we have going on with the run game and how little Kirby has responded to it.