Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to defense in the playoffs?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What happened to defense in the playoffs?

[url]http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/scoreboard[/url]

By the looks of these scores you better bring an offense for any chance to win.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-13-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

reason why our draft needs to be offense heavy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure the Packers wish they had a D. The Seahawks probably wish they could've stopped Atl from a game winning FG drive and Denver wishing it had better safety play. NO had an awesome offense where are they? The answer is balance between your units I believe.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Starter

User Info Menu

This is the new NFL.

Offense only.

And it sucks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Current rules in the NFL favor the offense. I Hate to say it but there is little need to draft defense in the first few rounds of the draft

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's lookin alot like arena football right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Current rules in the NFL favor the offense. I Hate to say it but there is little need to draft defense in the first few rounds of the draft
    $$

especially when the unit has been ranked at or near the top of the league for years

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    $$

especially when the unit has been ranked at or near the top of the league for years
    Well there is that

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

For you guys who are too young to remember, the Steelers first Super Bowl against the Vikings was a classic example of how defense is supposed to be played.

Half Time Score:

STEELERS 2

Vikes 0

Vikings Total yrds. in the game:

Vikes total first downs:

The vikings offense never scored, not even a field goal. They got their score on a blocked punt and scored but failed the extra point.

Final Score:

STEELER 16

VIKES 6

Now thats what I call Defense!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The days of winning playoffs or Superbowl with a low score is gone..If you cannot score touchdowns then
    you better pack your bags..