Thread: Dale Lolley on the Offensive Line

Legend

User Info Menu

Dale Lolley on the Offensive Line

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/01/moving-forward.html[/URL]

Thinks that four of the starting spots will go to the recent high draft picks. Also mentions that Steelers are looking to get more athletic and have added players recently to move in that direction.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why the hell is tomlin dragging his feet on hiring an OL coach?seems like we had a window with all of the changeover in coaching staffs this year.why the wait?

Legend

User Info Menu

Either of the two linemen from Alabama Warmack or Jones seemingly would fit this criteria and personally, I'd be happy with either guy at 1.17. There is also a good likelihood that one or both will be available when the Steelers pick at 1.17.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    why the hell is tomlin dragging his feet on hiring an OL coach?seems like we had a window with all of the changeover in coaching staffs this year.why the wait?
    Probably waiting to see what happens with Haley, rumor had it be would have input on the hiring.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Either of the two linemen from Alabama Warmack or Jones seemingly would fit this criteria and personally, I'd be happy with either guy at 1.17. There is also a good likelihood that one or both will be available when the Steelers pick at 1.17.

Pappy
    Barrett Jones is not a mid first round worthy pick. He will be selected in the late 1st or top half of the 2nd round. I like him, but not at pick 17.

Haley is going to have more input on the O-line this year and he is recommending some o-line coaching candidates. This is per Dulac.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we were fortunate to land Warmack I would be just as thrilled as last year when we drafted DeCastro.
    The projected line assuming we don't reatain Starks, Foster, or Colon.

LT Adams/ Gilbert

LG Warmack/ Beachum

C Pouncey/ Legursky

RG DeCastro / Melecki?

RT Gilbert/Adams

Beachum, Legursky and Melecki would be backups.

The interior of that line would be strong...Warmack,Pouncey,DeCastro and if we get decent play from the tackles this line could become dominate, something we fans would love to see and Ben as well.

I would take Warmack over any other prospect in round one IF he is there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Barrett Jones is not a mid first round worthy pick. He will be selected in the late 1st or top half of the 2nd round. I like him, but not at pick 17.

Haley is going to have more input on the O-line this year and he is recommending some o-line coaching candidates. This is per Dulac.
    i sure hope he gets the guy he wants. hopefully the rooneys will see how tomlins hires have turned out and make the call on the OL coach.