Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Dee Dub's Pre-Combine Steeler Mock Draft!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573

    Dee Dub's Pre-Combine Steeler Mock Draft!!

    Now this isn't what I think the Steelers do more so than what I would like to see them do. Or maybe a combination of both? I will do another one after the combine and after seeing what happens to the Steelers in free agency. One more so of what I think the Steelers will do. And one probably a lot more realistic.

    1-Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame----What you think he can't do, or lacks, wont be an issue in LeBeau's 3-4 playing next to Timmons and what he does well will be hi-lighted
    2-Terrance Williams WR Baylor---6 ft 2 WR who exploded with out having RG3 throwing him the ball--Mike Wallace's replacement
    3-Landry Jones QB Oklahoma----He sits behind Ben for 3 years, the length of Ben's contract, then takes a over like Aaron Rodgers--hopefully
    4-Joe Kruger DT Utah-----------Solid 5 Technique 3-4 DT
    5-Joseph Fauria TE UCLA--------He played in a run oriented offense yet still had 11 TD's. 6 ft 7 255. Big target with good hands.
    6-Kerwynn Williams RB/KR Utah State-replacement for Rainey. Speedy running back/kick returner who also has lined up as the slot as well.
    7-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,523
    I'd like to see a TE earlier .... with so much focus on 2 TE sets I think a TE needs to be a top priority
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'd like to see a TE earlier .... with so much focus on 2 TE sets I think a TE needs to be a top priority
    Agreed but I dont think there isnt that much separation from the guys ranked in the 3-5 rounds. I think Fauria will flourish in a more passing offense. UCLA was run, run, run, and then throw.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'd like to see a TE earlier .... with so much focus on 2 TE sets I think a TE needs to be a top priority
    Me too. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see us get a TE in #1 or #2. A TE can provide both protection for the QB as well as a receiving threat. We don't know how healthy Heath will be to start the season. Even when Heath is healthy it still can't hurt to have two top notch guys who can work in this Offense.

    I also see why many want to go Defense. Despite the investment that has been made there, the D is on the older side of things and will need to have replacements sooner rather than later.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    With this team's "philosophy" it will be 3 years before Te'o does anything. No thank you.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571
    Interesting, thanks for posting this
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  7. #7
    I really like the Landry Jones pick.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Now this isn't what I think the Steelers do more so than what I would like to see them do. Or maybe a combination of both? I will do another one after the combine and after seeing what happens to the Steelers in free agency. One more so of what I think the Steelers will do. And one probably a lot more realistic.

    1-Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame----What you think he can't do, or lacks, wont be an issue in LeBeau's 3-4 playing next to Timmons and what he does well will be hi-lighted
    2-Terrance Williams WR Baylor---6 ft 2 WR who exploded with out having RG3 throwing him the ball--Mike Wallace's replacement
    3-Landry Jones QB Oklahoma----He sits behind Ben for 3 years, the length of Ben's contract, then takes a over like Aaron Rodgers--hopefully
    4-Joe Kruger DT Utah-----------Solid 5 Technique 3-4 DT
    5-Joseph Fauria TE UCLA--------He played in a run oriented offense yet still had 11 TD's. 6 ft 7 255. Big target with good hands.
    6-Kerwynn Williams RB/KR Utah State-replacement for Rainey. Speedy running back/kick returner who also has lined up as the slot as well.
    7-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
    Landry would be playing earlier than three years because Ben would get killed because we are not helping the OL and could lose our most consistent OL in Starks.

    Everyone says we lose because of the offense and not the so-called #1 defense, but you have two of our first three picks helping out the defense.

    Does nothing to address no depth at Safety.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Landry would be playing earlier than three years because Ben would get killed because we are not helping the OL and could lose our most consistent OL in Starks.

    Everyone says we lose because of the offense and not the so-called #1 defense, but you have two of our first three picks helping out the defense.

    Does nothing to address no depth at Safety.
    Steeler QB's were sacked 37 times this past year. Way down from previous years. Protecting the QB can come also from the style of offense run as we saw this year. Similar to the one that Landry Jones played with at Oklahoma where over 4 years he was sacked only 54 times. Think about that.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Steeler QB's were sacked 37 times this past year. Way down from previous years. Protecting the QB can come also from the style of offense run as we saw this year. Similar to the one that Landry Jones played with at Oklahoma where over 4 years he was sacked only 54 times. Think about that.
    Sacks and Big 12 don't go together. I don't think I've seen more than 4 sacks in any Big 12 game the last 5 years. LOL...

    All kidding aside, I would love to have a QB like Landry Jones in the wings but Ben wouldn't appreciate it and I doubt he is on the board that late...

    I disagree 100% with Te'o... I think you have blinders on with this kid. He has some serious flaws in his game IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •