Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub's Pre-Combine Steeler Mock Draft!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Every year Steeler fans think that the draft is going to fill every need on the team. Or that it should. That is not the case with the Steelers. They pick the best players available (highest rated on their board), who fill a need, fit their system, or who can be developed into Steeler type players.
    wow, thanks for enlightening me. I did not know that!

I'm willing to bet the Steelers draft at least one safety...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    wow, thanks for enlightening me. I did not know that!

I'm willing to bet the Steelers draft at least one safety...
    Maybe you are right. I'd love to have Bacarri Rambo. As I said in my initial post I will do another one after the combine and after free agency that is more directed on what I think the Steelers will do. But this one is what I would do right now not knowing what lies ahead.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'd like to see a TE earlier .... with so much focus on 2 TE sets I think a TE needs to be a top priority
    Me too. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see us get a TE in #1 or #2. A TE can provide both protection for the QB as well as a receiving threat. We don't know how healthy Heath will be to start the season. Even when Heath is healthy it still can't hurt to have two top notch guys who can work in this Offense.

I also see why many want to go Defense. Despite the investment that has been made there, the D is on the older side of things and will need to have replacements sooner rather than later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Now this isn't what I think the Steelers do more so than what I would like to see them do. Or maybe a combination of both? I will do another one after the combine and after seeing what happens to the Steelers in free agency. One more so of what I think the Steelers will do. And one probably a lot more realistic.

1-Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame----What you think he can't do, or lacks, wont be an issue in LeBeau's 3-4 playing next to Timmons and what he does well will be hi-lighted
    2-Terrance Williams WR Baylor---6 ft 2 WR who exploded with out having RG3 throwing him the ball--Mike Wallace's replacement
    3-Landry Jones QB Oklahoma----He sits behind Ben for 3 years, the length of Ben's contract, then takes a over like Aaron Rodgers--hopefully
    4-Joe Kruger DT Utah-----------Solid 5 Technique 3-4 DT
    5-Joseph Fauria TE UCLA--------He played in a run oriented offense yet still had 11 TD's. 6 ft 7 255. Big target with good hands.
    6-Kerwynn Williams RB/KR Utah State-replacement for Rainey. Speedy running back/kick returner who also has lined up as the slot as well.
    7-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
    Looks decent. I'm not sure we'll pick a QB that high, but who knows? I'm still not sold on Teo being that much better than Larry Foote. As high as we're drafting, I want a game changing NT or OLB. I kinda think we need an ILB like we need an OG. I'll take either if it's the best player available.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe you are right. I'd love to have Bacarri Rambo.
    after the character problems we've had this past season with Ta'amu and Rainey, you don't think that Rambo might be off the Steelers' draft board?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm thinking the Steelers will draft a Safety and TE in the draft, but what rounds is anyones guess.

Legend

User Info Menu

Super early to put out a mock draft- too many variables between now & draft time, but from the early looks of it- there's not too much wrong with that.

Is it just Chadman, or are people more 'narcky' this off-season than normal? Can't remember the last time Hawaiiansteel had a shot at someone.... and with Crash back stirring drinks left, right & center... could be an interesting few months on our hands...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Is it just Chadman, or are people more 'narcky' this off-season than normal? Can't remember the last time Hawaiiansteel had a shot at someone....
    sorry, that ends up happening every time we miss the playoffs and the Ravens and Patriots* end up in the AFCC game...
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 01-14-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    sorry, that ends up happening every time we miss the playoffs and the Ravens and Patriots* end up in the AFCC game...
    Yes, it's sad to see "peers" like the Ravens and the Cheats* (i.e. perennial powerhouses from the 2000's) battling it out again... while we sit home early again.

As for the draft, I don't think we take a QB this year. I'm not into coddling, but I think the relations with Ben aren't so strong right now (i.e. taking his beloved Arians from him, replacing with abrasive new OC). I think they should try and cool it a bit for all our sakes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dee I have seen every game of Landry Jones's career. While I think he has all the physical tools and is a great character kid. I don't think he will ever learn to handle the pressure that he will face in the NFL. He melts under pass rush and big game pressure.