Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Taking Ray Home With A ring like we did the Bus?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Baltimore Taking Ray Home With A ring like we did the Bus?

It sure looks that way, there is no quit in that team. While the Ravens have a young offense their defense is aging and they know this is their last shot for the big game.
    They are playing as a team with Flacco stepping up with big plays, and the defense making stops at critical times of the game but deep down they are playing for Ray to go out a champion.

I have to admit I was rooting for them to beat Denver. They were big underdogs, making that long trip to Denver and playing in a tough enviroment thin air and all. No one was giving them any chance so I tip my hat to them and seeing they are representing our division well.

When you get to the playoffs, a good defense isn't enough you still have to generate points like they did outscoring Denver 38-35, so they have a shot to take Ray home as a champion, but it won't be easy in this crazy NFL season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was routing for Denver b/c I wanted Brady in Denver next week.
    But I will cheer for Baltimore over New England. No doubt about it.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I was routing for Denver b/c I wanted Brady in Denver next week.
    But I will cheer for Baltimore over New England. No doubt about it.
    Ravens will loose as they should...mark my word....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Ravens will loose as they should...mark my word....
    The Ravens have confidence, they came close last year so this year might be their year. They match up with the Patriots now more than ever, you won't see the Pats blowing them away. The ravens will keep it close and try and win at the end.
    Flacco can exploit the Pats secondary, they have the receivers to do it, TE's and a good run game, so I wouldn't overlook what the Raven can do.

On the NFC side, the 49ers will be favored but something tells me Atlanta playing at home gives them an edge, its all setting up for a Atlanta Raven Super Bowl and Ray going out a champion.
    I don't like the Patriots or Ravens but out of the two I would rather see Baltimore advance, in some ways the Ravens are like us and they will represent our division well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    The Ravens have confidence, they came close last year so this year might be their year. They match up with the Patriots now more than ever, you won't see the Pats blowing them away. The ravens will keep it close and try and win at the end.
    Flacco can exploit the Pats secondary, they have the receivers to do it, TE's and a good run game, so I wouldn't overlook what the Raven can do.

On the NFC side, the 49ers will be favored but something tells me Atlanta playing at home gives them an edge, its all setting up for a Atlanta Raven Super Bowl and Ray going out a champion.
    I don't like the Patriots or Ravens but out of the two I would rather see Baltimore advance, in some ways the Ravens are like us and they will represent our division well.
    pats secondary has really inproved with the acqusiition of talib. moving mccourty to FS.

i smell some flucco INTs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, the pats secondary improved but Flacco will have time to throw and exploit that secondary as N.E. is more geared to stopping the run than putting pressure on the QB.
    Brady is one of the best but like Manning chokes on the big games, been doing that for what now 7 years or so.

No one gives Baltimore much chance, like our Steelers in 2005 they believe.

Backup

User Info Menu

The Ravens should send Manning a thank you card. I agree, I would rather see the Ravens win than the Patricheats. I want anyone to win over the Cheats.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Could not possibly stand to watch a Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Super Bowl. And it could be two games away.

I don't see the Ravens winning in New England, though.

Legend

User Info Menu

cheer for the ravens??

you guys are crazy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    cheer for the ravens??

you guys are crazy
    I'm with you on that one, no way, no how, do I cheer or even think to myself that I hope the Ravens win. I'd feel dirty. I know one thing though as I watched the game today, the Steelers were better than both of those teams when healthy.]

The Broncos special teams score two TDs
    Flacco hitting big play after big play, really?
    Denver safety not getting deep enough or to the sideline and Baltimore had no timeouts and 40 seconds, you kidding me?

The Steelers had warts, but they were better than both of those teams.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount