Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Appreciate the HOF QB we have people

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The first half of his career Ben certainly was on a tear. But if things don't change for the better, the second half of his career may be spent trying to convince voters of a HOF career rather than giving them a mandate.
    If he keeps blowing chances to win games to get to the post season, then his legacy will indeed be far lesser than it was after their last SB win. He had the post season gift wrapped for him, with game winning drives at his feet, and he blew both chances with game-losing pics. That's not the stuff of Hall of Fame QBs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't know why people get so upset when it is pointed out that Ben has deficiencies. Every QB has them. That includes Montana, Brady, Peyton, Brees, Bart Star, Bradshaw, etc.
    I hardly think Brady's deficiencies rank anywhere on the level as BB's. It's not even close. Brady is a stone cold killer, with killer quick reading of defenses and surgical accuracy. Ben is back there wearing farmer bib jeans, playing intramural sports in the flag frat league with a keg on the sidelines.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I hardly think Brady's deficiencies rank anywhere on the level as BB's. It's not even close. Brady is a stone cold killer, with killer quick reading of defenses and surgical accuracy.
    On this we can agree. That said, Brady is also one of the top 5 QB's who has ever played in the NFL. He's gonna make Ray Ray cry. A lot.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    On this we can agree. That said, Brady is also one of the top 5 QB's who has ever played in the NFL. He's gonna make Ray Ray cry. A lot.
    Yea, he will pile up points it would seem. But, the Ravens are playing inspired, no quit ball. I can't believe they found a way to win the Denver game. That was extraordinary. Ravens had the Pats beat last year, with a dropped TD pass for the win, and then a missed chip shot FG for the tie. I definitely am leaning towards NE winning, but you never know for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rooting for Bmore... I hate the Pats and all things Boston with a passion. I wish Denver beat the Rats but i cant root for the Pats.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    How does winning a Super Bowl equate to choking?
    Just playing devils advocate here, Peyton does have a Super Bowl MVP but he also has 8 playoff - one and done seasons. I think thats double what any other QB has, someone may have 5. He kills it in the regular season but he does have a pretty substandard playoff record.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet most QB's (besides Brady) would have subpar playoff records if they made the playoffs EVERY year like Peyton.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here, Peyton does have a Super Bowl MVP but he also has 8 playoff - one and done seasons. I think thats double what any other QB has, someone may have 5. He kills it in the regular season but he does have a pretty substandard playoff record.
    Not to mention that it's easier to have a better record in the playoffs, because if you win you get to play again until you lose. Once you lose you're done, so, you may only get to play one game, you can't accumulate losses in one playoff tournament you can only get one. That means two things, you were good enough to get to the playoffs a lot, but you lost a lot without winning once you were in the tournament.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Manning's playoff record is 9 wins, 11 losses. Which is a little better than I thought it was.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Peyton is a chocker at his core.
    Goes back to COLLEGE people.

Lost EVERY BIG GAME at UT, unstoppable otherwise.

People thought he carried UT until Tee stinkin MARTIN took Peytons team to the national championship.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher