Thread: Steelers center Pouncey alone on All-Pro team

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers center Pouncey alone on All-Pro team

Steelers center Pouncey alone on All-Pro team

By Alan Robinson
    Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013

Maurkice Pouncey is the second-team center on The Associated Press All-Pro team, the only Steelers player chosen following their 8-8 season.

Pouncey was the first-team center a season ago, when the Steelers went 12-4 and made the playoffs. He has made the team in all three of his NFL seasons; he also was a second-team selection in 2010.

This season, Max Unger of Seattle made first team.

Pouncey ended up beating out his own brother, Dolphins center Mike Pouncey, who had an outstanding season, for the second-team position.

Last season, Pouncey and Troy Polamalu both were first-team selections on the All-Pro team, which is voted on by a panel of 50 NFL writers, broadcasters and observers. Polamalu missed much of this season with a calf injury.

The Steelers were the only AFC North team with a lone player on the 2012 team.

The Ravens landed fullback Vonta Leach and kick returner Jacoby Jones on first team and guard Marshal Yanda and defensive lineman Haloti Ngata on second team. The Bengals place defensive lineman Geno Atkins on the first team and wide receiver A.J. Green on the second. The Browns had a pair of second-teamers, guard Joe Thomas and kicker Phil Dawson.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3284147-74/team-pouncey-season#ixzz2Ho6JDsKJ[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure I'll take abuse for this but I think Pouncey has regressed over the last 2 years. His best year was his rookie year. He has been on a downward slide since then. Far too often he gets knocked backward or gets no push whatsoever on short yardage. I would like to see him move to left guard and put Legs in at center and see how that works.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

He's good but, I don't see him as sometype of beast out there playing the position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

POUNCEY is nasty.
    he plays whistle to whistle...doesn't back down from anyone.
    He certainly doesn't get blown up either.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We need to worry about the LT position if Starks leaves. Pouncey is good where he is and Legs a quality backup at center but sucks everywhere else.
    What I liked to know is from what ED bouchette said, Starks,Colon, and Foster may not be here really? who in the hell is going to play LG Beachum?

Legend

User Info Menu

Glad we have Pouncey, but I didn't think his season was necessarily stellar...I'd have said NO Steelers deserved All-Pro this season, not first-team anyway.