Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torey Smith > Mike Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Torey Smith > Mike Wallace

After Torey Smith's rookie year I told my RAVEN buddy that Torey Smith would become a better WR than Mike Wallace.
    This week I texted him "I told you Torey Smith would be better than Mike Wallace"

He burned Champ Bailey in the 1st Quarter using his deep speed, now he goes up to the highest point and catches a lob over Bailey.

Before we give that girl Wallace big money, lets wait for Torey Smith to hit the market and throw the money at him.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

wait 2 years to improve the receiving corps?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    wait 2 years to improve the receiving corps?
    Didn't say that. But I'm all for drafting someone this year and then stealing Smith from the Ravens!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

He's making Flacco look good that's for sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Eric Decker is high pointing the ball over DB's & Demarius Thomas is as well. We need at least one big physical WR that can high point a ball and catch the thing with his hands over a DB. Our WR corp is totally unphysical. Anquan Boldin is clutch as well.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-12-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't believe you have to have big physical receveirs to have success. Remember the Marks brothers? Clayton&Duper from the Dolphins 5-9 and 5-10 also Gary Clark of the Skins. All smurfs by todays standards but its not the size as everyone thinks.
    Our receiver corps was pretty good before this season, I think the change in the offense had something to do with their sub-par year. If you want eight yd pass plays bring back Hines, Brown and Wallace are better suited for the longer pass plays.

I do agree we could get better blocking from our receivers something that was missing since Hines retired, then again no one blocked like Hines ward.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why would we want Torrey Smith? Receivers come and go every year... we don't want Raven players coming here, just as much as we don't want Steeler players going over there. It's a rivalry. Swapping guys like it's nothing devalues the whole thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers can't afford 2 WR's paid to be #1's.

Besides, the Haley offense would waste Torrey Smith as much as it wasted Wallace.

Best off drafting T.O. Part 2- a guy that can go across the middle, then shrug off defenders as best he can to make extra yards. That's our offense now.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I don't believe you have to have big physical receveirs to have success. Remember the Marks brothers? Clayton&Duper from the Dolphins 5-9 and 5-10 also Gary Clark of the Skins. All smurfs by todays standards but its not the size as everyone thinks.
    Our receiver corps was pretty good before this season, I think the change in the offense had something to do with their sub-par year. If you want eight yd pass plays bring back Hines, Brown and Wallace are better suited for the longer pass plays.

I do agree we could get better blocking from our receivers something that was missing since Hines retired, then again no one blocked like Hines ward.
    Yes of course you don't need big WR. For the offense we run a bigger WR would fit better though and bring more to the table then a small non-physical WR brings. With all small WR you should spread teams out. We don't do that. We do the opposite of that.

Starter

User Info Menu

Wondering if Bowe was effective in Haley's offense in KC