Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't laugh Tim Tebow a Steeler ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I think one of the worst things about the guy is his ability to no doubt divide a locker room. As far as I know he was hated on the Jets.
    It's unfortunate because it's not entirely his fault. I don't think he asks for the media attention, but it is something that follows him. He could probably do a better job of handling it, but the bottom line is that he is a decent guy and a hard worker.

As for Tebow on the Steelers - I think his skillset could fit as a backup, but I'd prefer to avoid the distraction.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

Absolutely.

Ben isn't appreciated by the locals. The Steelers fans OUTSIDE of Pittsburgh appreciate him more.

Not so, I'm a local Burgh fan and know Ben is our best chance for championships, this isn't about Ben but if Tebow could fit into our system as BACKUP. We'll need to get younger at QB as Lefty seen his last days, Batch on the other hand won games for us this year and when Ben was out for the first four games under his suspension.
    Most likely the Steelers will consider a QB either in the draft or an undrafted one that teams missed, but at this point its not a need position as Ben can play for another 5 years or so if he chooses.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    agreed, this team needs to regain its focus and Tebow comes with way too many distractions...
    He's only a sideshow freak because Skip Bayless and ESPN makes him a sideshow freak. He doesn't get in any trouble with the law. He's not doing the Hollywood scene. He doesn't self-promote. He works his @s$ off. He's NO threat to Rothlisberger. And he's a better back-up than Batch or Leftwich (who end up on IR walking in from their car).

Legend

User Info Menu

So your take is that someone will actually call out the worst passer in the league over a two time super bowl winning QB?

In PITTSBURGH? Yes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    In PITTSBURGH? Yes. [/COLOR]
    I don't live there, so I'll take your word for it. It just seems unfathomable. Maybe because I live in Denver and saw more of him than I would care. And someone said he doesn't self-promote.....that's laughable. His PR machine is in full gear. He is a feel-good story and likable but does not possess the skillset to be an NFL QB full time. As much as Ben gets hurt, I wouldn't want him as a backup either, just my opinion. The stories coming out of Dove Field about his inaccuracy and poor decisions are usually on exhibition every Sunday.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

To add to this conversation, I am here living in the Pittsburgh area and Ben is well appreciated by the fans.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    To add to this conversation, I am here living in the Pittsburgh area and Ben is well appreciated by the fans.

Ben is appreciated here, we seen this team with the Mark Malone's, Bristers, and the rest. Talking about Brister boy was he a character, they wanted him to replace the injured starter at the time and he said, " I don't mop up for anyone. Lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Tebow could have value somewhere if used properly. I don't know that the Steelers could be that team. If it was made clear that he wasn't going to get to compete for the starting QB job, if he would be willing to play RB and ST's (maybe even defense)...but then, I don't know if he would ever agree to those conditions. Maybe a place like Jacksonville would be best for Tim...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    Crash doesn't live there and has no idea what he is talking about... I don't live there anymore but I come home to.see my dad 7 to 8 times a year. Ben is appreciated by most and hated by some... Just like every QB in every NFL city.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Crash doesn't live there and has no idea what he is talking about... I don't live there anymore but I come home to.see my dad 7 to 8 times a year. Ben is appreciated by most and hated by some... Just like every QB in every NFL city.
    Who's loved more? Ben or Batch

And WHY?

You know the answer, we'll see if you're man enough to admit it.

Ben isn't as loved by the locals as he should be, he should be Joe friggin' Namath in that city.