Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't laugh Tim Tebow a Steeler ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't laugh Tim Tebow a Steeler ?

The experts can say want they want but I think Tim has value as a back-up. He's not going to wow anyone with his quarterback
    play for sure, but as a game manager he might be good in that role.
    When he played for the Bronco's he relied on the run game, didn't make many mistakes and more less managed the game, without throwing much.
    If you can keep a game close all you need is one big play to win, don't we know, when he knocked us out of the playoffs last season.
    Remember Dilfer for the Ravens when they won the SB, he was a game manager, but they did have one of the best defenses in history that year.
    We probably will select a QB in the draft, or pick up an undrafted one teams missed out on, but it was just a thought on my part.

Ok, now you can laugh.

Legend

User Info Menu

And when teams decided to blitz him he lost his last 3 regular season games.

Then we decided to sit back and he killed us.

Then New England pressured him and he blew ass again.

No thanks, don't want that side show freak anywhere near this team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    The experts can say want they want but I think Tim has value as a back-up. He's not going to wow anyone with his quarterback
    play for sure, but as a game manager he might be good in that role.
    When he played for the Bronco's he relied on the run game, didn't make many mistakes and more less managed the game, without throwing much.
    If you can keep a game close all you need is one big play to win, don't we know, when he knocked us out of the playoffs last season.
    Remember Dilfer for the Ravens when they won the SB, he was a game manager, but they did have one of the best defenses in history that year.
    We probably will select a QB in the draft, or pick up an undrafted one teams missed out on, but it was just a thought on my part.

Ok, now you can laugh.
    I like it. How much better can he get if he stays in the same offense for a couple seasons? Works on the QB stuff with someone like Ben and Batch. I figure he would be very motivated and work with a QB coach in the off season. Because he will see some playing time backing up Ben. He has played in the NFL. He would HELP keep Ben motivated!
    It would also have to be LOUD and CLEAR to him an the media that he is a BACK UP QB. Not the gimmick guy. But I might even play him on special teams. Another thing is plan a offense for Tebow in advance like training camp for WHEN Ben gets hurt again. He has Talent. Is a stand up guy. Would be a nice #2 to have I think. Plus he might be better then some of the starting QB's for the steelers in the past. Need a very strong running game to help him I think also. It could work just as good as Leftwich.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah Tebow will motivate Ben......LOL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ha ha ha ha ha ..... now I had too laugh now we want the worst qb in the history of the game.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This team doesn't win without Ben, so does it really matter who our backup is.
    Sure i'd take TeBoW ....but I'd also have a real QB developing on my roster.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

i would take him in a second.
    if we added him to the team we would be up to 3 guys that try hard all the time

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

No thanks, don't want that side show freak anywhere near this team.
    agreed, this team needs to regain its focus and Tebow comes with way too many distractions...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can this guy catch ? If he can make him a tightend because he is always going to be a disruption as a QB and not a very good QB at that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Can this guy catch ? If he can make him a tightend because he is always going to be a disruption as a QB and not a very good QB at that.
    are a classic H-back is what i've always though.
    You could also carry 2 QB's instead of 3 on the roster.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!