Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Don't laugh Tim Tebow a Steeler ?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Who's loved more? Ben or Batch

    And WHY?

    You know the answer, we'll see if you're man enough to admit it.

    Ben isn't as loved by the locals as he should be, he should be Joe friggin' Namath in that city.
    Batch is liked better, but I don't think anybody in Pittsburgh would say that he should start over Ben.

    Ben is not particularly likeable - that's a personality issue that has nothing to do with talent or the city.

  2. #32
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Batch is liked better, but I don't think anybody in Pittsburgh would say that he should start over Ben.

    Ben is not particularly likeable - that's a personality issue that has nothing to do with talent or the city.
    No, what it is, is jealous Yinzers who believe every rumor and story, and ignore the GOOD that Ben has done in that city off the field long before Reno and Georgia.

    All while loving their beloved Yinzer who was accused of kidnapping and gang rape.

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    No. No. No. Dumb, dumb, dumb idea.

  4. #34
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, what it is, is jealous Yinzers who believe every rumor and story, and ignore the GOOD that Ben has done in that city off the field long before Reno and Georgia.

    All while loving their beloved Yinzer who was accused of kidnapping and gang rape.
    Here we go...

  5. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,811
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No. No. No. Dumb, dumb, dumb idea.
    I agree... Nothing is more annoying than the "Tebow works hard" crowd.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, what it is, is jealous Yinzers who believe every rumor and story, and ignore the GOOD that Ben has done in that city off the field long before Reno and Georgia.

    All while loving their beloved Yinzer who was accused of kidnapping and gang rape.
    I don't get into uncharged or unproven allegations against either guy. I've heard some good stories about encounters with Ben (in particular, the one that Mike Lorello's dad posted on the old Trib Board), but I've heard of a lot more negative encounters. And Ben is often his own worst enemy in interviews. He's just not a likeable guy. He's generally more fun to watch than he is frustrating, but nowhere is it written that you have to like an athlete because they are talented.

    And I'm far from a "jealouse Yinzer"

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Who's loved more? Ben or Batch

    And WHY?

    You know the answer, we'll see if you're man enough to admit it.

    Ben isn't as loved by the locals as he should be, he should be Joe friggin' Namath in that city.
    Your nutty. He has not even past the 4 time SB QB from the 70's yet in pittsburgh. Ben is very good but there is a standard here. Plus EVERY NFL city loves the back up QB when all is not going well.
    I really have never seen the love for Batch as a QB. More love for his work with Ben and being the home town boy.

  8. #38
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,811
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't get into uncharged or unproven allegations against either guy. I've heard some good stories about encounters with Ben (in particular, the one that Mike Lorello's dad posted on the old Trib Board), but I've heard of a lot more negative encounters. And Ben is often his own worst enemy in interviews. He's just not a likeable guy. He's generally more fun to watch than he is frustrating, but nowhere is it written that you have to like an athlete because they are talented.

    And I'm far from a "jealouse Yinzer"
    if you don't juggle the kiddie bags of Ben you are a jealous yinzer

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Who's loved more? Ben or Batch

    And WHY?

    You know the answer, we'll see if you're man enough to admit it.

    Ben isn't as loved by the locals as he should be, he should be Joe friggin' Namath in that city.
    144857144_joe-namath-drunk-drunk-athlete.jpg

    This Joe? LOL...

    It's funny because Joe is loved like crazy yet most say he was pretty sucky...

    Why should we treat Ben like Joe Namath? That guy is the only thing the Jets have to hold onto. You talk about Ben like Bradshaw never existed or we never had a trophy in the case before Ben arrived.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-14-2013 at 01:43 PM.

  10. #40
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,995
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    144857144_joe-namath-drunk-drunk-athlete.jpg

    This Joe? LOL...

    It's funny because Joe is loved like crazy yet most say he was pretty sucky...
    Namath is the most overrated QB ever. A career 50.1 completion percentage with 47 more INT's than TD's over his career (I know it's tough to compare stats across across eras, but those numbers suck out loud in any era). He made the Hall of Fame because of his "guarantee" before Super Bowl III. An AFL team beating an NFL team was certainly a big deal at that time, but Namath himself had little to do with the ultimate result of that game (he was 17-28 for 206 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT). The Jets won because their defense had 4 interceptions and held the Colts a single TD scored with just over 3 minutes left in the game, plus Matt Snell ground out 121 yards on 30 carries and a TD. With his fur coats, sunglasses, and pantyhose, he was way more style than substance. Luckily, southwest PA has spawned numerous other worthy HoF QB's over the years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •