Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFC North: Cleveland's new coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's all about turnovers and gettng the ball back into your qb's hands. We don't have any of that and it all falls back upon, we get no pressure on the opposing qb's. I do wonder if it would matter, our secondary couldn't intercept a ball if the qb's placed it in their hands.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post

Then they made another good move. He brought in Norv Turner as his OC. That guy sucks as a Head Coach, but damn he can coordinate an offense.
    Is Norv Turner a new development, I might have missed it? Browns site has Brad Childress as OC but Chud updated to HC.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Is Norv Turner a new development, I might have missed it? Browns site has Brad Childress as OC but Chud updated to HC.
    They are speculating Norv will end up in Cleveland because of his relationship with Chud. I think they worked together in SD.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure others have said this a million times but here it comes again, if Haley takes the AZ job I hope the Steelers would pickup Turner. It will be Kirby if it does happen but Turner would be my go to guy.
    Nothing against Kirby but, you don't hand the keys of your Cadillac over to a person with no driving experience. Ben is that Cadillac and I wouldn't want to waste his last years on a coach that has never coached a NFL offense before.
    Last edited by fezziwig; 01-12-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Norv Turner to join Browns

Updated: January 12, 2013
    ESPN.com news services

Former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner is set to become the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator, according to a report by the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The Plain Dealer, citing a source, reports the Browns will also hire a defensive coordinator to replace Dick Jauron.

Turner was fired as Chargers coach after a 7-9 season, the team's third straight outside of the playoffs. The Chargers are the third team to fire Turner, who has an overall head-coaching record of 114-122-1.

Rob Chudzinski, who spent the past two seasons as Carolina's offensive coordinator, was introduced as the Browns' sixth full-time coach on Friday.

"Having the assistant head coach experience where I spent all the time with Norv and saw all the things he had to do, I've been around the people who've given me the opportunities to see what it takes to be a great head coach and hopefully I can put all those things together and get that done," Chudzinski said at his introductory news conference.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8838297/norv-turner-become-cleveland-browns-offensive-coordinator-according-report[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now tha the Browns have some Steeler influence at the top of the helm, the Browns just got more respectable.