Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Its not out of question that they may consider hiring him even though they fired him as OC before he came on board with the Steelers.
    It appears he has a good track record with young QB's, and as intrim coach for the Colts he's done a great job, the Colts won 2 games last season to 11-5 this year.

While he was OC of the Steelers, I thought he did a good job from the 20 to 20, but his red zone offense was his downfall.
    Reflecting back on his job here, In Arians' final season with the Steelers, the unit boasted a pair of 1,000-yard receivers in Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown and a 4,000-yard quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger. They also sent four offensive players to the Pro Bowl for the first time since 2004.

I can't remember the Steelers having an explosive offense in recent memory no matter who the OC was, but that 79 team was as close as they got to being a high powered offense.
    The jury is out on Haley but should he stay as OC and turn down the Cardinal job if offered, I think he deserves the opportunity to correct our offensive issues.
    Remember, this offense was doing well until the injuries occured, then Ben got injured which didn't help matters. They were tops in third down conversions as Ben was having one of his best years until he got hurt.

If Arians has success landing a head coaching job all power to him, if Haley stays here all power to him as well, but if somehow Haley accepts the AZ job we might want to consider NorvTurner. I expect Todd to remain here, the AZ job isn't the dream job out there as they have QB issues.

If Todd does stay, I hope he throws out the running game by committee, we need one starter to get the majority of reps, Redman as our short yardage back. I feel Rainey should be used in the passing game, otherwise why did we draft him? He's a good returner but we nbeed to utilize his speed on the offense in a different way than trying to run up the middle.

Good luck to Bruce, and Haley for 2013.

Btw, Bruce might be in the running for coach of the year award. 2-14 to 11-5 is a remarkable job I would say.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-05-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: delete thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Its not out of question that they may consider hiring him even though they fired him as OC before he came on board with the Steelers.
    He's a better HC than OC, IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    He's a better HC than OC, IMO.

X2.............he's probably a better anything than OC. If the Browns hire Arians back, the people of Cleveland/Browns fans will destroy him. I'v spoken to Browns fans before when he was with the team and away from the team and they couldn't get him out of town quick enough.
    Arians isn't going to any team that doesn't have a great QB because he needs a great QB to shine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns are working out a deal with Chip Kelly.[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Chip-Kelly-Cleveland-Browns-Jimmy-Haslam-closing-in-on-deal-010412?ocid=ansfox11"]

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Chip-Kelly-Cleveland-Browns-Jimmy-Haslam-closing-in-on-deal-010412?ocid=ansfox11[/URL]
    Last edited by fordfixer; 01-05-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Browns are working out a deal with Chip Kelly.[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Chip-Kelly-Cleveland-Browns-Jimmy-Haslam-closing-in-on-deal-010412?ocid=ansfox11"]
    [/URL]
    Report: Colt McCoy has been told he’s in Chip Kelly’s plans

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013

Chip Kelly may be creating a quarterback controversy in Cleveland before he even gets the job.

With the Browns reportedly getting close to finishing a deal to bring Kelly from Oregon to Cleveland, a report from ESPNCleveland.com suggests that Kelly may like Colt McCoy, the 2010 third-round pick who started 21 games in his first two seasons, better than Brandon Weeden, the 2012 first-round pick who started 15 games as a rookie.

According to the report, Browns CEO Joe Banner told McCoy he is “in the next head coach’s plans.”

Of course, there are a lot of caveats here. For starters, Kelly has been spending his time coaching Oregon and watching tape of the Ducks’ Fiesta Bowl opponent, Kansas State. He hasn’t been watching tape of McCoy, Weeden or anyone else on the Browns. So any opinion he has about either quarterback is extremely preliminary. And even if Kelly did have plans for McCoy, those plans could change if McCoy struggled to pick up Kelly’s offense in minicamps, training camp or the preseason.

The reality is that we have no idea who the Browns’ quarterback will be this year. Maybe it will be Weeden, maybe it will be McCoy, maybe it will be a rookie the Browns draft, or maybe it will be a veteran the Browns acquire through a trade or free agency. But this much is clear: If Kelly is going to make this thing work, he’s going to need a quarterback who can run his offense. And just a year after the Browns selected Weeden in the first round of the draft, there are real questions about whether Weeden can be that quarterback.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/report-colt-mccoy-has-been-told-hes-in-chip-kellys-plans/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    X2.............he's probably a better anything than OC. If the Browns hire Arians back, the people of Cleveland/Browns fans will destroy him. I'v spoken to Browns fans before when he was with the team and away from the team and they couldn't get him out of town quick enough.
    Arians isn't going to any team that doesn't have a great QB because he needs a great QB to shine.
    I suppose the same thing could have been said about Bellicheck.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_qb_brandon_we_5.html[/url]

Kelly is suppose to be in Cleveland for dinner today. The locals are on "HC" alert right now.

Kindle

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I suppose the same thing could have been said about Bellicheck.
    Not that you asked me but I'd have to say no. Bellicheat in my opinion had the defense going on more than the offense in those days and plus, Bellicheat had and has the capability to get the most out of ever player. Whether that player is good or not. Arians on the other hand, he will hammer away his square peg into the round hole 24/7 without ever trying to work and adjust to his players. Arian is lucky to have Luck, Ben, Peyton. Any coach could do well with those three but Arians couldn't understand he needed to do more than just have Ben wing it down the field, the rest of the offense wasn't cut out for that.
    We lost a lot with Arians when we had a younger/better offensive players under Arians and when we had a better defense back then. Art Rooney could see the truth. All these years the Rooneys never so much opened their mouths until Arians. So little said but so much to hear.

Legend

User Info Menu

We lost a lot with Arians? Yeah..... I know people hate the guy but let's not revise history.

...and when has a Brown fan known what's good for their team? Arians was a dropped pass away from winning a playoff game in Pittsburgh with Tim Couch. Yeah... Arians sucked in Pittsburgh, can't wait to watch Haley and the Steelers play in Baltimore tomorrow...

Backup

User Info Menu

Haley has come to a team on the decline. Arians had it all when he was handed the keys. I'm pretty sure Arians has missed the playoffs also at times. Whis had taken a rookie QB to the playoffs too and guess who got the credit, the rookie qb. It takes a qb to make the fortunes of a team and the coaches. Arians could never do the winning football except for when he has a super star of a qb.
    In my opinion he stunted Bens growth as a qb. Ben in my opinion wasn't getting better under Arians, he was getting worse.
    I guess Art Rooney doesn't know a thing about his coaches ?