- Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
- Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
- Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
- John Johnson-S, Boston College
- James Conner-RB, Pitt
- Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
- Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State
McClendon supposedly gets trucked a lot in run defense.
OK, so when it's 3rd and 10? Get Hampton off the field and let him be a pass rusher.
Same for Worilds. Put him at rush end and get titty dancing Ziggy off the field.
McClendon generates some pass rush, but he has problems holding up against the run. Ziggy Hood gets no push and the verdict is still out on Heyward. Fangupo was waived by two other teams and Ta'amu was waived and went unclaimed. Why build a defense that features these guys?
Plus, even if you plug Woodley and Worilds in at one DE spot (and given their injuries, that is all you can count on), you need more defensive ends, better DTs and a more linebackers.
What bothers me, is we draft these DL, then we coach them to be something else. Thus, negating the skills that had us draft them in the first place.
1. Carl Lawson-DE/OLB Auburn
2. Marcus Williams-FS Utah
3 Jake Butt-TE Michigan
3B. Raekwon McMillan-ILB tOSU
4. Ahkello Witherspoon-CB Colorado
5. Eddie Vanderdoes-DT/DE UCLA
6. Josh Malone-WR Tennessee
7. Tarik "The Human Joystick" Cohen-RB/WR/PR, NCA+T
I certainly can see where ego can play a part in decisions... But you're telling me that despite the fact that these NFL coaches... experts if you will... who go to every one of the team's practices, and are privy to meeting & collaborating with fellow professionals (coaches) on the status of the team... can't figure out something that a ham-&-egger on steelers planet dot com's forums who watches games on Sunday Ticket can?
Those making the Colon comparison are forgetting one thing: In his "prime", he was considered talented enough to play Tackle... that's the reason he wasn't playing Guard--he was a starting Tackle (probably considered more important, in the grand scheme). It wasn't as if he was sitting idly by while the team trotted our substandard Guards. Colon didn't play (Guard) because he was already playing Tackle.
1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass
2. Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
3. Kevin King, CB, Washington
3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic
5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)
7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania