Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Mclendon @ DE ?

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    And the offense holding the ball helps their ranking.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And the offense holding the ball helps their ranking.
    And the offense turning the ball over and over again hurts it.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  3. #23
    Starter thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And the offense holding the ball helps their ranking.
    I would think you would be glad the offense has a high T.O.P. Keeps the defense fresh and since we can't seem to score more than 30 consistently, it helps keep the ball away from the other team. Now, do we need to be more effective with the offense....no question.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia or James Hurst OT North Carolina
    5. Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech or Jordan Tripp LB Montana
    6. Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
    6. (comp) Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,823
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    We had the #1 passing defense in the league and #2 rushing defense...LeBeau is the answer, always has been.
    ...and lost half the games we played and missed the play offs. So how important were those rankings? They are meaningless! They are calculated based on yards allowed alone. You fail to cite that we were in the bottom half of the league in sacks and interceptions. Things that really matter in a game.

    LeBeau is no longer the answer because he doesn't have any answers to the decreasing trend in fewer sacks and interceptions that is on a three year downturn.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    And that's what the draft and free agency is for.
    Free agency? Have you looked at the cap situation?

    The team has needs all over the place. Changing to a 4-3 would create more needs, not less.
    Last edited by phillyesq; 01-12-2013 at 11:16 AM.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Do you think, just possibly, our two first round DL would play a little differently in the 4-3? Ta'amu went unclaimed due to legal issues. Keisel can play DE for a season or two and may kick butt considering he is one of the best athletes over 250lbs on the team.
    In the nickel package, Ziggy Hood pretty much plays as a 4-3 DT. And he stinks as a pass rusher. Having Woodley put his hand down instead of standing up next to him isn't going to help Ziggy. The jury is still out on Heyward.

    Keisel would have been better suited as a 4-3 DE earlier in his career. I'm not sure that he has the pass rush ability that you need from a DE in the 4-3.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and lost half the games we played and missed the play offs. So how important were those rankings? They are meaningless! They are calculated based on yards allowed alone. You fail to cite that we were in the bottom half of the league in sacks and interceptions. Things that really matter in a game.

    LeBeau is no longer the answer because he doesn't have any answers to the decreasing trend in fewer sacks and interceptions that is on a three year downturn.
    The defense was also #6 in scoring, which does matter.

    When you lose two home games in which the opponent does not score an offensive touchdown, there is a serious problem with your offense.

    The defense needs more pressure and more turnovers, but ultimately the players bear a lot of the burden. Whether a 3-4 or a 4-3, Ziggy and Woodley will be rushing from the left side of the defense. They stunk last year, and that is on them.

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and lost half the games we played and missed the play offs. So how important were those rankings? They are meaningless! They are calculated based on yards allowed alone. You fail to cite that we were in the bottom half of the league in sacks and interceptions. Things that really matter in a game.

    LeBeau is no longer the answer because he doesn't have any answers to the decreasing trend in fewer sacks and interceptions that is on a three year downturn.
    LeBeau isn't the problem and history proves it. The main issue we had on defense is we couldn't get pressure on the QB enough, we had our best LB Harrison out for a quarter of the season and another quarter just to get back in game shape. We had our other best Pass rusher Woodley slowed by lingering injuries, when you have your best pass rushers sidelined its tough to get pressure on the QB.
    When you force a QB to throw before he wants to then the INT's will come, thats what we were missing, plus outside of Keisel the DE's were invisible.
    Troy was out for eleven games, and it took another 2 or three games to get back in playing shape, having three of your best defensive players out during the course of a season will impact the D and what they can do.

    If you ask me considering the injuries and what took place this year LeBeau was terrific, now just imagine if LeBeau had an offense that wasn't turning the ball over making his defense defend the field more than they should have.

    Lets not sugar coat the problems, this offense was lousey most of the year struggling to score points and only scored 30 or above one time. They had a four game stretch where they were doing good but failed more than not.
    I'll take LeBeau over any defensive coach out there, if it wasn't for him the Steelers may have gotten a number 5 pick in the draft with a 5-11 record.

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    LeBeau isn't the problem and history proves it. The main issue we had on defense is we couldn't get pressure on the QB enough, we had our best LB Harrison out for a quarter of the season and another quarter just to get back in game shape. We had our other best Pass rusher Woodley slowed by lingering injuries, when you have your best pass rushers sidelined its tough to get pressure on the QB.
    When you force a QB to throw before he wants to then the INT's will come, thats what we were missing, plus outside of Keisel the DE's were invisible.
    Troy was out for eleven games, and it took another 2 or three games to get back in playing shape, having three of your best defensive players out during the course of a season will impact the D and what they can do.

    If you ask me considering the injuries and what took place this year LeBeau was terrific, now just imagine if LeBeau had an offense that wasn't turning the ball over making his defense defend the field more than they should have.

    Lets not sugar coat the problems, this offense was lousey most of the year struggling to score points and only scored 30 or above one time. They had a four game stretch where they were doing good but failed more than not.
    I'll take LeBeau over any defensive coach out there, if it wasn't for him the Steelers may have gotten a number 5 pick in the draft with a 5-11 record.
    Well said.

    In the time that Ovi has said that Lebeau was the problem, the Steelers have been to 3 Super Bowls and won 2.

  10. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    And the offense turning the ball over and over again hurts it.
    How many turnovers in the three games without Ben?

    No, what hurt the defense when they stated 2-3 was giving up scores after we would score ourselves.

    Can't hold the ball for 15 minutes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •