Thread: Mock Draft player comparisons.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mock Draft player comparisons.

Seen this mock on Bleacher report and it is interesting to me. So I had to ask here about it.
    [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1479533-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-first-round-projections-with-pro-comparisons?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsl etter&utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1479533-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-first-round-projections-with-pro-comparisons/page/18[/URL]
    17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Manti Te'o NFL Player Comparison

Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
    Many people have overreacted to Te'o's poor game against Alabama. Those of us who've been watching him play on a regular basis already knew his limitations, and the way 'Bama was able to handle him only confirmed our suspicions.
    Te'o isn't going to be the next Patrick Willis.
    He lacks elite speed and strength at the point of impact, and he's always going to need space in order to make big plays. That said, he is an extremely effective player when he can flow from sideline to sideline, and his ability to make plays in the passing game can't be denied.
    Pro Comparison: Brian Urlacherock on Bleacher report and had to ask here.

So I know nothing about Urlacher except he got trucked buy the Bus. Is he really good? Is it a good comparison? If it was Urlacher in this draft would you want him a Steeler?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Seen this mock on Bleacher report and it is interesting to me. So I had to ask here about it.
    [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1479533-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-first-round-projections-with-pro-comparisons?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsl etter&utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1479533-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-first-round-projections-with-pro-comparisons/page/18[/URL]
    17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Manti Te'o NFL Player Comparison

Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
    Many people have overreacted to Te'o's poor game against Alabama. Those of us who've been watching him play on a regular basis already knew his limitations, and the way 'Bama was able to handle him only confirmed our suspicions.
    Te'o isn't going to be the next Patrick Willis.
    He lacks elite speed and strength at the point of impact, and he's always going to need space in order to make big plays. That said, he is an extremely effective player when he can flow from sideline to sideline, and his ability to make plays in the passing game can't be denied.
    Pro Comparison: Brian Urlacherock on Bleacher report and had to ask here.

So I know nothing about Urlacher except he got trucked buy the Bus. Is he really good? Is it a good comparison? If it was Urlacher in this draft would you want him a Steeler?
    I'd personally draft Urlacher in a hurry if he were in this draft. I don't know where I'd rate him all time but he's gotta be up there, especially in his prime.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't like the T'eo pick. ND played a weak schedule and he was exposed by Alabama. He might not even start for manySEC teams. Can you say Bosworth?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I don't like the T'eo pick. ND played a weak schedule and he was exposed by Alabama. He might not even start for manySEC teams. Can you say Bosworth?
    I've been saying for two years, if you put Manti Te'o in LeBeau's 3-4 next to Timmons and allow for Timmons do the bulk of the man coverage (which he would), Te'o will be a star. Those two would compliment each other well.

I am not affected by one bad game or the lack of a SEC schedule. I have seen him enough to know Te]o could be perennial pro blower...in the right system.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash