Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed: Steelers OL to Have Different Look in '13

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Not really. Steelers go cheap on offense then blame the offense for losses. Gotta have that top D to play renegade for though.

Someone else gets it.

Legend

User Info Menu

At some point, those young guys are going to play. You don't draft 1st & 2nd round guys without thinking they'll be stepping into the starting line-up at some stage. While it's not ideal, the financial situation might force their hand on this one.

Wonder how much KC's Brandon Albert will cost to come play LG....
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Well for those of you who want younger, hungrier guys getting playing time, here you go!

Actually, I think this is the best (and most cost-effective) lineup...we just need the right OL coach...
    Carnell Lake has done a good job with the DB's in a short time, lets hope the new OL coach can do the same. I hope the FO hits it out of the ballpark with this hire. And they have to find a way to re-sign Foster.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we lose the players Ed mentioned on the line, lose Mike Wallace, a TE that may not start the 2013 season and a RB that calls for a rest between plays, how is that improving this offense?
    We need help in various positions, but the reality is we failed to make the playoffs because our offense failed at critical points of games we played.
    You would think offense would be a priority this off season for the team to get better, but if they aren't careful they could take a step backwards with the offense.
    I'm tired of this team struggling to score points, there is no excuse for it when we have the talent except for RB, but if they think what ED said will be the way to go then I would be very worried about the depth of our O-line, the health of Ben. Now I hope Gilbert proves he is well capable of playing LT and hope what they do will improve this offense but uncertainty seems to be at the forefront at this paticular time.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not really. Steelers go cheap on offense then blame the offense for losses. Gotta have that top D to play renegade for though.
    Spending money on defense didn't create more turnovers on that side of the ball...I doubt spending money on offense will create less turnovers on that side...

Besides, I dont think spending $100 million on your franchise QB and then putting 2 first round draft picks and 2 second round draft picks in front of him is all that cheap...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Spending money on defense didn't create more turnovers on that side of the ball...I doubt spending money on offense will create less turnovers on that side...

Besides, I dont think spending $100 million on your franchise QB and then putting 2 first round draft picks and 2 second round draft picks in front of him is all that cheap...
    Look at the turnover on our offense over the last 6 years then look at the defense. It's clear the Steelers put a lot more emphasis on defense then they do on offense. Guess we will see by who they keep, and who they let go and replace with cheap younger players.

btw, the money spent on D is old money. To think spending money on superior offensive linemen won't pay off is silly.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-11-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Look at the turnover on our offense over the last 6 years then look at the defense. It's clear the Steelers put a lot more emphasis on defense then they do on offense. Guess we will see by who they keep, and who they let go and replace with cheap younger players.

btw, the money spent on D is old money. To think spending money on superior offensive linemen won't pay off is silly.
    We've spent a bunch of premium draft picks on superior offensive linemen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When the defense is old and the offense is young, that's what happens.
    5 of the last 9 premium picks were on offense and 6 of the 10 picks in the last draft were on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

By Ben... see you in 2014. There is no way Ben stays upright with Gilbert at LT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I don't have any problems with Gilbert at LT. He was gonna play there sooner or later. They originally drafted him to play that very position. How quickly we forget that he played a lot for the 2011 Steelers and did just fine when he was in there. I'd still like to see Legs at C (plus draft a C in a later round like 3 or 4) and move Pouncey to LG. I thought he did a great job in there LG this year.
    Gilbert NEVER finishes a game. He is the reason our OL suffered last year. The guy is an accident waiting to happen and lacks the hunger to play 2 full games in a row.