Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed: Steelers OL to Have Different Look in '13

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    maybe this gives rise to ovis desire to draft another OG in the 1st.
    If that is your starting 5 then you have zero depth and you have players who in their short history have proven to be injury prone. You had better be drafting OL in this draft early and often.

Beachum is more a swing guy who can play both OG positions and a little RT but not a starter. Hell that plan for '13 may convince even me we should keep Foster.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    To let Starks go with no attempt to keep him is moronic. This article, in a nutshell, is why our offense sucks.
    Totally agree. To let the only player on the OL to play every snap walk away is totally stupid and is why our offense can't take a step to the next level. Until we fix the OL we will never have a offense performing to their capabilities.

I'm sure we will then spend three of the first five picks in the draft on the defense.

Expect 8-8 again next year if this happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I wasn't on the Chance Warmack bandwagon (because I couldn't see us using 1st round picks on interior lineman in 3 out of 4 drafts)
    close, 2 out of 4 with Pouncey and DeCastro. Gilbert and Adams were both 2nd rounders.

but you're right, we have invested very heavily on the OL in recent years and it's really hard to imagine yet another OL being drafted in the first round when we have so many other needs also.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm sure we will then spend three of the first five picks in the draft on the defense.
    When the defense is old and the offense is young, that's what happens.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Gilbert played LT in college so we hope it works out, and as you said Chadman cost effective. On paper that line may do well, of course as always injuries play a part too.
    I think everyone would be ok with that lineup if Beachum can hold his own, the LT position could be of concern if Gilbert doesn't work out, but thats his natural poistion so who knows.
    It sounds logical what ED stated, Max is a fan favorite and there is some comfort there with him at LT however the Steelers have to make some tough choices this may be one of them.
    If the Steelers want to make some tough choices carve some salary out of the defense where several players are not earning enormous contracts. Once again, try to play offense with bargain basement investments and pile the riches on a defense that can't sack the QB or Intercept a pass. I think Colbert has become retarded if this happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    close, 2 out of 4 with Pouncey and DeCastro. Gilbert and Adams were both 2nd rounders.

but you're right we have invested heavily on the OL in recent years and it's hard to imagine yet another OL being drafted in the first round when we have so many other needs also.
    I was counting Warmack as the 3rd interior OL in the first round in 4 years' time (2010, 2012, 2013) in that scenario.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

q
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If that is your starting 5 then you have zero depth and you have players who in their short history have proven to be injury prone. You had better be drafting OL in this draft early and often.

Beachum is more a swing guy who can play both OG positions and a little RT but not a starter. Hell that plan for '13 may convince even me we should keep Foster.
    never thought I would see the day!

I agree though, that if this is the plan, warmack makes a lot of sense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah,
    It really bothers the Steelers fans that they would let Max leave when he was the most consistent and injury free O-lineman. Personally I would keep max especially when their offense has problems scoring points. If they let Max go and Gilbert doesn't cut it the outcry will be heard around the world.
    They might want to rethink this senario before they make a harsh decision, Ben's health is at stake when you have a sub-par LT if thats what Gilbert will be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was counting Warmack as the 3rd interior OL in the first round in 4 years' time (2010, 2012, 2013) in that scenario.
    oh yeah, i just re-read your post.

would you select Warmack in this draft if he were still available?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I could live with this OL. Depth would be the only issue if one goes down.