Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Could swithcing to a 4-3 really fix this much?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Um, we scored 31 in Oakland.

Still lost.
    And in two of the biggest games of the year Ravens I and Bengals II the defense didn't concede a touchdown, still lost.
    Can't compare losing to Ravens and Bengals when the defense doesn't give up a TD to losing to the Raiders.

Not only did the defense not give up a TD, but the offense gave one to the Bengals.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    And in two of the biggest games of the year Ravens I and Bengals II the defense didn't concede a touchdown, still lost.
    Can't compare losing to Ravens and Bengals when the defense doesn't give up a TD to losing to the Raiders.

Not only did the defense not give up a TD, but the offense gave one to the Bengals.

Pappy
    Won't work for his agenda so those stats don't count.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Um, we scored 31 in Oakland.

Still lost.
    and our offense turned the ball over twice. Once on our own 30. Anytime you lose the turnover battle, you're likely to lose the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

We lost to the Ravens with our #2 QB, and without Antonio Brown. Let's be consistent now, the defense isn't the only unit who has injuries here.

We lost to the Bengals who made the playoffs when the O struggled

The defense was absolutely DESTROYED by Carson Palmer, who does NOTHING anymore except when it's garbage time. He's been a joke since his 2009 return.

And yet he always seems to play well against this defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    and our offense turned the ball over twice. Once on our own 30. Anytime you lose the turnover battle, you're likely to lose the game.
    Actually what lost that game was THREE TIMES the offense scored touchdowns.

And THREE TIMES the defense gave a TD right back.

Make one stop, of the three, and they win.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Really, what was different about this season compared to others. Defense better than average, offense was average, injuries you can't control.

ANSWER = TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS AND MORE TURNOVERS

Legend

User Info Menu

The turnovers are skewed.

How many turnovers in games with Batch and Leftwich?

Turnovers didn't make the Steelers defense give back points after Ben's offense scored.

Turnovers didn't make the Steelers defense blow 4th quarter leads at Denver (as I predicted in the summer they would), Oakland, and Tennessee.

The Steelers offense handed the defense TWO 10 point leads in Oakland.

And each time the defense went right back on the field, and gave up a touchdown to a washed up Carson Palmer.

Rookie

User Info Menu

When the Steelers give up big plays on defense or special teams and/or turn the ball over, they lose...period...

@ Oakland: turned the ball over twice (once on the 30 as previously stated) and gave up a long run to McFadden...

@ Tennessee: gave up a punt block that gave Tennessee the ball on the Pittsburgh one yard line...

Ravens @ Pittsburgh: gave up a punt return for TD

@ Cleveland: turned the ball over 8 times

@ Dallas: special teams turned the ball over at midfield, threw INT in OT that put Dallas into FG range

Bengals @ Pittsburgh: threw pick 6

The thing is, the defense improved over the course of the season...not good early, much better down the stretch...

The offense and special teams were prone to costly turnovers and got worse as the season progressed...

Legend

User Info Menu

Go give back points don't matter? How many times did it happen when they started 2-3 Slap? 10? 12?

Pretty sad when I know LeBeau's weaknesses on defense better than he does.

Even sadder is when fans ignore it and look at their "rank".

Like I said, three times they scored TDs in Oakland. Three times the defense gave a TD right back.

There's your game right there. Period.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You want to know how to solve the defense?

Invest in a juggs machine.

At practice, load this machine with footballs and point it in the direction of the defense.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]