Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Could swithcing to a 4-3 really fix this much?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Um, we scored 31 in Oakland.

Still lost.
    And in two of the biggest games of the year Ravens I and Bengals II the defense didn't concede a touchdown, still lost.
    Can't compare losing to Ravens and Bengals when the defense doesn't give up a TD to losing to the Raiders.

Not only did the defense not give up a TD, but the offense gave one to the Bengals.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Um, we scored 31 in Oakland.

Still lost.
    and our offense turned the ball over twice. Once on our own 30. Anytime you lose the turnover battle, you're likely to lose the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep. That too. And giving up a first down then getting a punt, followed by the penalty.

Fantasy football has killed football logic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who knows. I think the 4th quarter scheme stinks.

So if they switch to a 4-3, maybe they have to switch schemes in the 4th as well.

But I like the 3-4, when we use it, instead playing this passive crap we've been playing for two years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Who knows. I think the 4th quarter scheme stinks.

So if they switch to a 4-3, maybe they have to switch schemes in the 4th as well.

But I like the 3-4, when we use it, instead playing this passive crap we've been playing for two years.
    It doesn't seem to matter if we play passive or not; when we do send in blitzers they don't get any pressure any how, so what's the difference? Sending more people to rush that do not get any pressure is counter-productive. It just means less people to cover while still not getting any pressure. It's broken.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm sick and tired! Sick and tired of having the best Defense in the NFL every season. The short comings of the Offense can be over come if we change to a 4-3 D and become a top 25 D instead of a top 3. The Defense is holding the Offense back by being so good. Do the Rooney's like to sleep at the wheel year after year and continue to run this organization into the ground? Someone slap somebody, because this Browns tier team is really making me sick!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Yeah, I'm sick and tired! Sick and tired of having the best Defense in the NFL every season. The short comings of the Offense can be over come if we change to a 4-3 D and become a top 25 D instead of a top 3. The Defense is holding the Offense back by being so good. Do the Rooney's like to sleep at the wheel year after year and continue to run this organization into the ground? Someone slap somebody, because this Browns tier team is really making me sick!
    It's not truly the best D, if we are being honest with ourselves. It is good, but there are 5 others I would take right now over Pgh's D.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    It's not truly the best D, if we are being honest with ourselves. It is good, but there are 5 others I would take right now over Pgh's D.
    But switching to a 4-3 would fix that?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    But switching to a 4-3 would fix that?
    It could. There is just something missing with this current version of Dick's D. The lame no pressure on the QB and the non-existent turn overs are a problem. I am sick of the "super complicated" D and long for a D where players no what their assignments are without needing to learn Einstein's theory of relativity. I honestly think a DL of Woodley, Hood, Heyward, McClendon, Woods, etc. plus a rookie could do better at getting pressure on the QB than our current system does. All I see now is our LBs being stood up (or in Harrison's case, wrapped around the head and neck) trying to fight through players who outweigh them by 100 pounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't compare losing to Ravens and Bengals when the defense doesn't give up a TD to losing to the Raiders.

We lost to the Ravens with our #2 QB, and without Antonio Brown. Let's be consistent now, the defense isn't the only unit who has injuries here.

We lost to the Bengals who made the playoffs when the O struggled

The defense was absolutely DESTROYED by Carson Palmer, who does NOTHING anymore except when it's garbage time. He's been a joke since his 2009 return.

And yet he always seems to play well against this defense.