Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers cut Rainey...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    He didn't show me much at all this season, I'll not miss him. Tevon Austin is much better, and would fit the bill as a replacement.
    we would most likely have to draft Austin in the first round in order to land him...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that wasn't Ta'amu's first drunk driving incident either yet he is still a Steeler.

double standard??
    The Steelers waived Ta'Amu also. After he cleared waivers, though, he joined our practice squad.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Steelers waived Ta'Amu also. After he cleared waivers, though, he joined our practice squad.
    He also didn't tell a woman when he was a teenager that he would "kill her" ...Rainey has a record.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Rainey looked better in black & gold than he does in green & white...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Rainey looked better in black & gold than he does in green & white...

Just barely...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Second time in a month he got in trouble with the law, after he came here with a checkered past. Dude needs to wake up to real life.

Vick Ballard was drafted 10 picks later and had 800+ yards this season.

Alfred Morris was 12 picks after Rainey.....
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    if rainey produced more or had a bigger cap hit he'd still be a steeler.
    who are the steelers trying to fool into believing this was a moral thing?
    I don't think there is any attempt at 'fooling' anyone. It may be exactly as you state. Since the first two criteria were not met, he is done as a Steeler. Colbert even said as much, not sure how much clearer it could be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

Alfred Morris was 12 picks after Rainey.....
    please don't remind me.

Alfred Morris carried the ball 335 times for 1613 yards (4.8 yd/avg) and 13 TDs...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    if rainey produced more or had a bigger cap hit he'd still be a steeler.
    who are the steelers trying to fool into believing this was a moral thing?
    Oh, don't get it twisted--it is a moral thing. He wasn't cut due to his lack of performance on the field. You're right in the sense that, if he showed the potential of a young Marshall Faulk, he would still be on the Steelers. But don't downplay the moral stance the team is taking here. Rainey has talent. He is probably one of the 5 or 10 fastest players in the league... and he converts it on to the field. The team cutting him is no small sacrifice.

I know the bottom line is wins and losses, but I'm glad the team I root for places a premium on guys who act right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I know the bottom line is wins and losses, but I'm glad the team I root for places a premium on guys who act right.
    and yet Ta'amu is still on the Steelers' roster, how do you explain that?

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha