Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBeau: We are preparing for Manziel week 1

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

LeBeau: We are preparing for Manziel week 1

Source: NFL.com - Chris Wesseling

Cleveland Browns QB Johnny Manziel is the player that Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau expects to be under center when the teams meet in Week 1. 'I'm expecting Manziel to be the starter,' LeBeau said Monday, Aug. 4. 'That's what I'm expecting. What he did in college is not an accident. He did it often enough against good teams.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

If you think Dick LeBeau is going to tip his hand about how his defense is preparing for the Browns, you're not paying attention. Put little stock in in this other than LeBeau is saying nice things about Manziel.
    They will be prepared for either QB.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes, I updated the title of the post since you apparently forgot how to spell the DC name. I'm not sure why you or others are calling him that but it's annoying so stop it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yes, I updated the title of the post since you apparently forgot how to spell the DC name. I'm not sure why you or others are calling him that but it's annoying so stop it.
    This has to be some kind of new record for Nazi censorship. I playfully misspell the DC's name, and here comes the mod to tell me I am not allowed to playfully misspell a name. Wow. A little uptight maybe? The reason I misspell that way is due to the following:

A.) His name is weird and too hard to remember. We aren't in France. Get a normal name. Is it Leabuea? LeBaue? LeBuea? It's too screwed up to remember.

B.) His stuck-in-his-ways MO and ego makes him have in inappropriate disdain for rookies, causing us to not get enough playing time from way too many players. He wants everyone to think his FOOTBALL game plan is so super complex that no human being can absorb it sooner than 3 years, because, after all, he is a genius so his plans must be impossible to grasp for any human being any sooner than 3 years. Thankfully, Rooney stuck his wingtip where the sun don't shine and FORCED him to operate outside the realm of the 1970's like everyone else. Thank God for Rooney laying down the law, or we'd still see no young players on the field. Had Dicky had his way, Jarvis Jones would have had no playing time to develop last season, and we'd still be looking at a totally raw player, instead of a player ready to explode in 2014. Had Dicky had his way, Shazier wouldn't be on the field other than special teams this season. Keep it up, Art 2. We need you wielding that wingtip.

I have never seen a mod dictate that one cannot playfully - and CLEANLY - misspell someone's name.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    This has to be some kind of new record for Nazi censorship. I playfully misspell the DC's name, and here comes the mod to tell me I am not allowed to playfully misspell a name. Wow. A little uptight maybe? The reason I misspell that way is due to the following:

A.) His name is weird and too hard to remember. We aren't in France. Get a normal name. Is it Leabuea? LeBaue? LeBuea? It's too screwed up to remember.

B.) His stuck-in-his-ways MO and ego makes him have in inappropriate disdain for rookies, causing us to not get enough playing time from way too many players. He wants everyone to think his FOOTBALL game plan is so super complex that no human being can absorb it sooner than 3 years, because, after all, he is a genius so his plans must be impossible to grasp for any human being any sooner than 3 years. Thankfully, Rooney stuck his wingtip where the sun don't shine and FORCED him to operate outside the realm of the 1970's like everyone else. Thank God for Rooney laying down the law, or we'd still see no young players on the field. Had Dicky had his way, Jarvis Jones would have had no playing time to develop last season, and we'd still be looking at a totally raw player, instead of a player ready to explode in 2014. Had Dicky had his way, Shazier wouldn't be on the field other than special teams this season. Keep it up, Art 2. We need you wielding that wingtip.

I have never seen a mod dictate that one cannot playfully - and CLEANLY - misspell someone's name.
    It's spelled R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Do you purposefully misspell the equally odd last name Roethlisberger? He's a Steeler, so we learn how to spell his name rather than making up the lame "weird and too hard to remember" excuse for being disrespectful to one of our own.

I made a simple request of posters to knock off the LeBoo garbage earlier this offseason, and most of our respectful regulars abided without a second mention or any action. If you don't like the way steelz runs his board, or how any of the other moderators here handle our business, there are many other sites out there where you may feel more welcome.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's spelled R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Do you purposefully misspell the equally odd last name Roethlisberger? He's a Steeler, so we learn how to spell his name rather than making up the lame "weird and too hard to remember" excuse for being disrespectful to one of our own.

I made a simple request of posters to knock off the LeBoo garbage earlier this offseason, and most of our respectful regulars abided without a second mention or any action. If you don't like the way steelz runs his board, or how any of the other moderators here handle our business, there are many other sites out there where you may feel more welcome.
    Amen, stillernation.com comes to mind, good Steeler discussion without a filter or moderation for the most part, a free-for-all if you will. You have to really make a pain of yourself to get banned.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Amen, stillernation.com comes to mind, good Steeler discussion without a filter or moderation for the most part, a free-for-all if you will. You have to really make a pain of yourself to get banned.

Pappy
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually like boards where everyone isn't all uptight and on some kind of power trip. Yea, it makes for more off topic stuff, but that is half the fun to begin with; running things like the SS of the Nazis is just overboard to me. As far as me having to "respect" Dicky, I have no such duty. He should have respected the fans more and not stuck to his anal position of not playing young guys sooner. He has set the franchise back years because his ego made him force the concept that his system is so super genius, it's impossible for younger players to grasp it. I am so glad Rooney stuck that wingtip up in there. You can tell Dicky got taken behind the wood shed, because his comments about having to play younger players was 100% against his position on the matter previous to the wingtip administration. And I have no such commitment to learn how to spell Dicky's name correctly. It's a jacked up name and we don't live in France. Also, his game plan of playing CBs off 7 yards at the goal line is moronic and Phil Simms even said it was, live on air during a game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up. I actually like boards where everyone isn't all uptight and on some kind of power trip. Yea, it makes for more off topic stuff, but that is half the fun to begin with; running things like the SS of the Nazis is just overboard to me. As far as me having to "respect" Dicky, I have no such duty. He should have respected the fans more and not stuck to his anal position of not playing young guys sooner. He has set the franchise back years because his ego made him force the concept that his system is so super genius, it's impossible for younger players to grasp it. I am so glad Rooney stuck that wingtip up in there. You can tell Dicky got taken behind the wood shed, because his comments about having to play younger players was 100% against his position on the matter previous to the wingtip administration. And I have no such commitment to learn how to spell Dicky's name correctly. It's a jacked up name and we don't live in France. Also, his game plan of playing CBs off 7 yards at the goal line is moronic and Phil Simms even said it was, live on air during a game.
    The board I mentioned is the place for you. You'll have plenty of company in the anti-Lebeau camp. And, as usual, the anti-Lebeau camp is so far off the mark with how he handles playing time and the people getting it and those that don't that it doesn't even bear response. I'll see you at Stillernation.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The board I mentioned is the place for you. You'll have plenty of company in the anti-Lebeau camp. And, as usual, the anti-Lebeau camp is so far off the mark with how he handles playing time and the people getting it and those that don't that it doesn't even bear response. I'll see you at Stillernation.

Pappy
    Pappy, it appears SN is no longer. Most recent home page lists schedule for 2010. And when you click on specific forums, it doesn't take you any where. On an aside, DL's past insistence of a disdain for young players went too far, but most of us in that camp exaggerate to make a point, which is not uncommon. But I don't buy his ego-driven position that his system is just far too complex for young players. It's football, not brain surgery.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy, it appears SN is no longer
    [url]http://stillernation.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=a7c24bfaa3f2dd53ddaf5c74f0e8 ba21[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy, it appears SN is no longer. Most recent home page lists schedule for 2010. And when you click on specific forums, it doesn't take you any where. On an aside, DL's past insistence of a disdain for young players went too far, but most of us in that camp exaggerate to make a point, which is not uncommon. But I don't buy his ego-driven position that his system is just far too complex for young players. It's football, not brain surgery.
    stillernation.com is still alive, you have to have an account to participate or even just read. I'm a member there and was on the site yesterday and today. Just as an aside, what everyone believes to be disdain for youth is a myth (in my opinion) and DL has little to no ego, this has been pointed out time after time by players and other coaches alike. His lack of ego is probably why he was a failure as a head coach.

In the past decade DL led defenses have put some incredible talent on the field, expecting rookies and year one players to break into lineups that include Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, Brett Keisel, James Harrison, Larry Foote, Lawrence Timmons, Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor, Ryan Clark, Lamar Woodley and James Farrior is folly and fans would have lambasted LeBeau for playing a young player and sitting any of the above mentioned players.

I'm not sure who you believe was drafted that could have replaced one of these players, but I'd be interested to hear that name(s). When you have players of this caliber playing together for long periods of time it will look like LeBeau hates young players, because they have no way of competing with any of these players, so they sit and wait their turn.

This has been mentioned more than I care to admit, so this is my final time, to replace a veteran in a DL defense you have to be better than the veteran it's really that simple. The Steelers didn't have players better than these players and their longevity and ability to play at a high level for so long is the reason young players never break the starting lineup. The young guys are getting their chance now, lets see how they do.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -