Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers cut Rainey...

Legend

User Info Menu

Was I the only one not impressed by him? He had flashes, but he didn't seem to be able to get past the one hit at times. Sorry about his demons, but not worried about the player loss too much.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Was I the only one not impressed by him? He had flashes, but he didn't seem to be able to get past the one hit at times. Sorry about his demons, but not worried about the player loss too much.
    I'm probably not going to lose too much sleep about losing our 4th string RB either...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Oh, don't get it twisted--it is a moral thing. He wasn't cut due to his lack of performance on the field. You're right in the sense that, if he showed the potential of a young Marshall Faulk, he would still be on the Steelers. But don't downplay the moral stance the team is taking here. Rainey has talent. He is probably one of the 5 or 10 fastest players in the league... and he converts it on to the field. The team cutting him is no small sacrifice.

I know the bottom line is wins and losses, but I'm glad the team I root for places a premium on guys who act right.
    ...and yet, we have Harrison who smacked his baby mama, Ben and his drama, Plax and his gun wound and countless video of him cursing out Coughlin, Mendenhall and his issues, Tamu on the practice squad and God knows how many other infractions that have been kept in house.

I love my Steelers but I'm not too far gone to believe we have a moral high ground. We keep drafting players who get in trouble...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-10-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    If the ST's didn't draw so many penalties I think you would mid him. The only reason you weren't impressed is because we failed to use him correctly on the flats.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will miss him.

had a chance to be dynamic.

Backup

User Info Menu

Hey, is this where we complain about the "inconsistency" of the front office and fail to consider a player's replaceability as a factor?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If the ST's didn't draw so many penalties I think you would mid him. The only reason you weren't impressed is because we failed to use him correctly on the flats.
    That may be. I say let him find his career somewhere else, and best of luck to him. Next.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruthlessburgher View Post
    just barely...

lmmfao.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and yet Ta'amu is still on the Steelers' roster, how do you explain that?
    I don't. But that doesn't mean I'm not right. A family can have a deadbeat, loser, @s$h01e in their family. It doesn't make the whole family a piece of $h1+.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Ta'amu's playing future isn't guaranteed. I think they are just trying to help him deal with his booze issues.

It's called compassion. From what I hear he's also willing to get help and going to meetings.