Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Steelers cut Rainey...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and yet Ta'amu is still on the Steelers' roster, how do you explain that?
    This is Rainey's 2nd incident. This was Ta'amu's first.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ta'amu had issues with booze in college.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This is Rainey's 2nd incident. This was Ta'amu's first.
    no, it's not.

this was Ta'amu's 2nd DUI in a span of a couple of years.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would blame these offenses on them being young and immature, but Hines had a DUI last year too. Tough to know the FO's line or justification for players being released. It is a little hazy. I don't want to be the Pittsburgh choir boys but I don't want concertina wire scars under their jerseys either.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it's not a good look to chase a woman down with her purse in hand... but it's Florida, she may have moves.
    I wonder if Rainey fumbled his phone and his gf was just getting it for him?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Chris Rainey cut for disciplinary reasons, not football reasons

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT

For the second time in his brief NFL career, running back Chris Rainey has been cut for off-field reasons.

Rainey was cut by the Colts today for violating team rules, Adam Schefter ‏of ESPN reports. Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star adds that the release is conduct related and that head coach Chuck Pagano plans to provide more details.

What’s clear is that the decision was not about Rainey’s performance on the football field at training camp, which is consistent with what Pagano has been saying about Rainey: Pagano raved over the weekend about how much he likes Rainey, and when running back Vick Ballard was lost for the season with a knee injury, it appeared that Rainey would play an important role on the team as a backup running back as well as a kick returner.

Instead, Rainey has been released for something he did off the field. We don’t know exactly what that “something” was, but we do know that this has happened to Rainey before: The Steelers cut him shortly after his rookie year ended following an arrest on a charge of battery against his girlfriend. Now that Rainey has blown his second chance with the Colts, he’ll have to hope some team is willing to give him a third chance.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/chris-rainey-cut-for-disciplinary-reasons-not-football-reasons/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chris Rainey burns bridges with the Colts

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT

Chris Rainey, the running back who was cut by the Colts for disciplinary reasons early in training camp, watched the team’s preseason game on Thursday night and vented on Twitter about the circumstances that got him cut.

Shortly after running back Dan “Boom” Herron scored a touchdown, Rainey wrote on Twitter that Herron was involved in the same incident that got Rainey cut from the team.

“Nice TD Boom even tho u was in the hallway with me that nite when we was horsing around with the fire extinguisher. Man up like i did,” Rainey wrote.

The Colts have not confirmed what Rainey did to get cut, but the Indianapolis Star reports that a fire alarm was set off on the night of July 27 when a fire extinguisher was sprayed in a break room in the dorm where the Colts are staying. Rainey was released on the morning of July 28.

Rainey confirmed that he isn’t happy about the fact that he was cut and doesn’t think he should have been.

“Yea im piss watchin the colts game when i should be out there too. Even tho i didnt break no f**kin team rules, not even,” Rainey wrote.

Rainey changed the status of his Twitter account to “private” after writing that, but it’s too late: Rainey has publicly vented about the team, and burned bridges in the process.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/chris-rainey-burns-bridges-with-the-colts/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Horsing around with the fire extinguisher....been there done that

Legend

User Info Menu

They cut him for a prank at camp? Nah... that has to be an excuse they used to cut hum because players prank all the time in camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

He makes stupid choices. Plain and simple. If he wants to not pay the price for that, don't make stupid choices. There is no "code of conduct" for either the players or the team when the player is in the realm of "stupid choices." The only way to not be on the backside of those irregular responses from the team brass is to not make stupid choices.

Too bad. Seems like a cool guy with talent.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]