View Poll Results: Would you swap Tomlin for Cowher right now?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 29.17%
  • No

17 70.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin or Cowher - Take your pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hell YES. I'd swap in a second. No make that a milli second.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Right now? No. Ask again in a year or two.
    +1.........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if Cowher were to return and win, would it only be because of "Tomlin's players"?
    The haters would say NO that it was all Cowher until he lose multiples AFCCG.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would consider it but I'm torn.

Both have their pros and cons.
    I think a lot depends on what kind of team they were to take over. Right now? I'd have to see after the draft and free agency to make that call. Cowher is better at getting the most out of a team as far as wins in the regular season, and beating the teams he should beat, without question. He is better at holding on to leads, without any doubt. I think Tomlin is better at getting a good team further, as Cowher tends to freeze up in the play offs. He only had two SB trips and one win in 15 years. Tomlin did the same in just four.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Never.

Cowher was an imbecile. A simple minded Yinzer who had no clue what it took to win championships.

If Cowher had his way Shawn Andrews was our 2004 draft pick.
    All true, but Cowher doesn't lose to Oak, Cle, SD and TN this season. It doesn't happen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    All true, but Cowher doesn't lose to Oak, Cle, SD and TN this season. It doesn't happen.
    I don't see why not. Remember the Texans??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Would this be the same Bill Cowher who lost to three 1st year expansion teams?

Would this be the same Bill Cowher who lost twice to the Bengals in 1998 who were 1-13 vs. the rest of the league?

That guy?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Or the same Cowher who lost to SD in the AFCCG with that bum qb?
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This was an off year where we squashed grapes instead of drinking the wine, I'll stick with Mike Tomlin until the wheels fall off.
    They both have the same SB record 1-1. They were in four Super Bowls between them.
    I like both Cowher and Tomlin, most teams would love to have either one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I tell you guys, if Cowher didn't leave the team when he did I would have probably taken up sometype of hobby on Sunday. Cowher can get a cities hopes up like no other coach but, getting the legs kicked out from beneath me too many times has worn a canyon in my Steeler soul.
    He would be a great motivator for his first season or two and would have the guys playing beyond their talent but after that, roll the dice and find someone new.

I believe I have always been in Tomlins corner. The 2011 and 2010 seasons cut me deep with Arians and his crapfest. Lebeau too was wearing thin on me and I was starting to focus on Tomlin with displeasure. I'm a bit upset with some of Tomlins stuff from the past and this season. I won't go into but, I will say after all these seasons with Cowher and the whole getting the legs kicked out and so on. All I can say is, Cowher has ruined me for all other disappointing seasons. I just don't have the patience for the losses anymore. I'm getting older, I'm doing the math and there isn't many more Super Bowls in my lifetime or my lifetime to share with my children.
    See, I'm not a spoiled Steeler fans as we are looked upon, I want the Steelers to win for all the children. Us benevolent Steeler fans are misunderstood.