View Poll Results: Would you swap Tomlin for Cowher right now?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 29.17%
  • No

17 70.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin or Cowher - Take your pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

User Info Menu

Tomlin or Cowher - Take your pick

If Cowher wants to return to coaching and he wanted to coach in Pittsburgh, would you as a fan be willing to swap Tomlin for Cowher right now?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right now? No. Ask again in a year or two.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

. ...... .......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    +1.........

Legend

User Info Menu

I voted no...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No. Hell no. Not now. Not ever.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I would consider it but I'm torn.

Both have their pros and cons.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would consider it but I'm torn.

Both have their pros and cons.
    I think a lot depends on what kind of team they were to take over. Right now? I'd have to see after the draft and free agency to make that call. Cowher is better at getting the most out of a team as far as wins in the regular season, and beating the teams he should beat, without question. He is better at holding on to leads, without any doubt. I think Tomlin is better at getting a good team further, as Cowher tends to freeze up in the play offs. He only had two SB trips and one win in 15 years. Tomlin did the same in just four.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bill Cowher reportedly won't coach for 4 to 5 years

By Gregg Rosenthal
    Published: Jan. 9, 2013

Bill Cowher raised some eyebrows at a media event this week by saying he believes he'll coach in the NFL again someday. The 55-year-old CBS analyst has been out of the game for six years. His name no longer comes up for openings, but interest in him remains.

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Cowher was contacted by "several" NFL teams in the last few weeks, with the Cleveland Browns one likely team to contact him. But Cowher reportedly doesn't want to coach again for another "four or five years," according to Dulac's source.

Cowher is said to be in a "good place" in his life and seeking "stability" since the death of his wife, Kaye, in 2010. That makes all the sense in the world, but the four- or five-year timeline is a little surprising.

Cowher will be 60 by then. Will interest in him still be high? Even if he intends to coach again, will he feel differently after another five years of a cushy television gig?

This follow-up report sounds like Cowher's camp trying to ease any concerns of his employers at CBS. For now, Cowher doesn't want to close the door on a return to coaching. He likes his name coming up, but we'll believe he's actually coming back when he starts taking interviews and not before.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124092/article/bill-cowher-reportedly-wont-coach-for-4-to-5-years[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Never.

Cowher was an imbecile. A simple minded Yinzer who had no clue what it took to win championships.

If Cowher had his way Shawn Andrews was our 2004 draft pick.