View Poll Results: Would you swap Tomlin for Cowher right now?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 29.17%
  • No

17 70.83%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomlin or Cowher - Take your pick

Legend

User Info Menu

2010 was a crap fest? Didn't we win the conference that year?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I tell you guys, if Cowher didn't leave the team when he did I would have probably taken up sometype of hobby on Sunday. Cowher can get a cities hopes up like no other coach but, getting the legs kicked out from beneath me too many times has worn a canyon in my Steeler soul.
    He would be a great motivator for his first season or two and would have the guys playing beyond their talent but after that, roll the dice and find someone new.

I believe I have always been in Tomlins corner. The 2011 and 2010 seasons cut me deep with Arians and his crapfest. Lebeau too was wearing thin on me and I was starting to focus on Tomlin with displeasure. I'm a bit upset with some of Tomlins stuff from the past and this season. I won't go into but, I will say after all these seasons with Cowher and the whole getting the legs kicked out and so on. All I can say is, Cowher has ruined me for all other disappointing seasons. I just don't have the patience for the losses anymore. I'm getting older, I'm doing the math and there isn't many more Super Bowls in my lifetime or my lifetime to share with my children.
    See, I'm not a spoiled Steeler fans as we are looked upon, I want the Steelers to win for all the children. Us benevolent Steeler fans are misunderstood.
    Count your blessings. You could have been a Browns fan! They are wishing to keep a coach more than 2 seasons AND get a franchise QB as well.

Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've never or at least I think I never decided to be happy or content with my life or my success compared that someone else has it worse than me. I get what your saying, it must be horrible to be a Browns fan or even a Clevlander for that matter.

Legend

User Info Menu

No way do I want to see Cowher hamming it up on the sidelines so he can get his face on TV. We did that and it got old.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I've never or at least I think I never decided to be happy or content with my life or my success compared that someone else has it worse than me. I get what your saying, it must be horrible to be a Browns fan or even a Clevlander for that matter.
    I choose to have an attitude of gratitude and appreciate the blessing that I have...

That does not mean an attitude of complacency...things can usually improve...

I live in the Cleveland area...if I were a Browns fan, life would probably suck...but, Cleveland itself is not a bad place...

It's not as picturesque as Pittsburgh, with the surrounding Allegheny Mountains and all of the bridges, but I have seen and lived in worse places...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I choose to have an attitude of gratitude and appreciate the blessing that I have...

That does not mean an attitude of complacency...things can usually improve...

I live in the Cleveland area...if I were a Browns fan, life would probably suck...but, Cleveland itself is not a bad place...

It's not as picturesque as Pittsburgh, with the surrounding Allegheny Mountains and all of the bridges, but I have seen and lived in worse places...

Ohio does have beautiful places and I didn't mean it like that. It's the point that after having a losing team year after year and in the way they implode every two seasons kind of gives the place a black eye.