Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rainey arrested this morning

Legend

User Info Menu

Female fans aren't shocked when they hear a football player smacked a girlfriend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Female fans aren't shocked when they hear a football player smacked a girlfriend.
    I know my wife doesn't like that player afterwards, that's for darn sure.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still hear the ladies saying how much they now hate Ben.

The NFL puts on this front of being so above it all but, they continue to allow these guys with gray areas in their past to become players. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance but I wonder if the NFL would ever put their foot down and say, " any arrest, warrants, troubles with the law or criminal records and you are not eligible for the NFL.
    If they really want to speak to the youth of America and give these guys guidance they need to get that strict. We might have a few seasons of lack luster players coming through but eventually/hopefully kids will realize you have to fit into society.

Goodell should use his evil powers for good instead of for good of the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post

The NFL puts on this front of being so above it all but, they continue to allow these guys with gray areas in their past to become players. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance but I wonder if the NFL would ever put their foot down and say, " any arrest, warrants, troubles with the law or criminal records and you are not eligible for the NFL.
    If they really want to speak to the youth of America and give these guys guidance they need to get that strict. We might have a few seasons of lack luster players coming through but eventually/hopefully kids will realize you have to fit into society.

Goodell should use his evil powers for good instead of for good of the NFL.
    I respectfully disagree. It's just not that big a deal to me.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Didn't Rainey receive a citation for trespassing just a few weeks ago?

After that, the Steelers probably put him on notice...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As an adult it isn't that big of deal for me either but, I do want our children to look up to the proper role models or people they see as role models.

Legend

User Info Menu

And those same people cheer for Hometown Charlie.

Just ignorant broads, nothing else.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    As an adult it isn't that big of deal for me either but, I do want our children to look up to the proper role models or people they see as role models.
    IMO, that's a job for parents, teachers, pastors and communities. If someone runs afoul of the law, then they should pay the consequences and have their due process in a court of law and not in Goodell's mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    IMO, that's a job for parents, teachers, pastors and communities. If someone runs afoul of the law, then they should pay the consequences and have their due process in a court of law and not in Goodell's mind.
    Down here in Charlotte there are some fans who are still hating on Cam because he stole a laptop at Florida. Some fans think these guys are role models.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    That's his second incident involving a girlfriend.

Interesting to see how they treat this one compared to what they did when James Harrison did the same thing.
    we both know it will be different, because Harrison is a superstar...Rainey is questionable at best. Right or wrong that is how things work.
    Trolls are people too.