Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Something many of you didn't know about Wallace vs Brown...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Don't believe everything you read. Also when I say rare work ethic, I mean, training in a physical sense, getting in shape and catching passes. I think he surpasses Wallace and most others in that way. Mentally? does he know the routes. I am not sure about that, but I don't place entire faith in 2nd and 3rd hand reports, though.
    So you trained with Brown... sounds like second and third hand reports to me!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    So you trained with Brown... sounds like second and third hand reports to me!
    No I seen enough of how he trained during the offseason and in camp. I don't think that is in doubt. I watched video of him. Do you really doubt that he trains hard? Now the issue about what he knows about the x or y receiver, I don't think you can establish that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    No I seen enough of how he trained during the offseason and in camp. I don't think that is in doubt. I watched video of him. Do you really doubt that he trains hard? Now the issue about what he knows about the x or y receiver, I don't think you can establish that.
    Well no disrespect but I will take a beat writer who covers the team word over yours. And watching a video don't prove he trains harder than Wallace it just mean that he posted a video training.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Well no disrespect but I will take a beat writer who covers the team word over yours. And watching a video don't prove he trains harder than Wallace it just mean that he posted a video training.

What beat reporter are you citing? Wallace wasn't in camp. OK, you can have your opinion. I think Brown is a workout warrior. Wallace probably works but nobody works as hard as Brown. The beat reporters all say that. Bown works himself to the point of exhaustion and maybe overworks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

It's rather simple.

Stay out of 3rd and predictable. Move the pocket. Slants, crossing patterns, mis directions, etc.

If you want Ben to use his RBs as pass catchers use them on DESIGNED 1st option plays which Haley at times did, but not nearly enough, instead of having them as mere checkdowns.

Trying to limit his hits via trying to limit his pass attempts doesn't work when you are in 3rd and pass all day.

And most important. KEEP HEATH MILLER OUT OF THE $%^&*( BACKFIELD!

That play takes too long to develop, always has.

Stay out of third and predictable? what's the formula for that? Which of our backls was consistent enough to get even enough yards to put the Steelers in 3rd and 3, 4 or 5? One missed pass on 1st or 2nd down and you''re almost guaranteed third and predictable. It's not that easy to put the offense in a good down and distance every drive.

Moving the pocket limits the field and if the WR doesn't create space there's no where to throw it.
    The Steelers use crossing patterns and slants in theor offense, 3rd and 5 or less in a crucial spot and the Steleers are looking for the quick slant.

Ben and first read passes to running backs aren't what Ben likes to do, even when they're open. Ben loves to go down field.
    Ben's injury was his on doing this year, looking to make a play when he had more than one opportunity to heave it into the cheap seats. Okay, try and make a play initially, but there are just some times (especially as good as Ben is) that the best is thing to do is chuck it OOB and go back to the huddle.

Protecting Ben is difficult. The best protection for Ben, is Ben.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Stay out of third and predictable? what's the formula for that?

Pass early to get leads. Run late to protect them.

We're too concerned with trying to run early. When this offense clicks with Ben it's because they come out of the gate flying.

Be aggressive, attack teams.

Junk the full back and David Paulson formations.

3 wide, a TE, and a RB.

That's who we need to be.

We did it Art's way. 8-8.

Now he can STFU and allow his staff to do it the CORRECT way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's injury was his on doing this year, looking to make a play when he had more than one opportunity to heave it into the cheap seats.

From the pocket on 3rd and 4? The minute he does that?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Put Hometown Charlie in!

Btw, the play Ben was hurt? Heath Miller in the backfield.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown trained with T.O. & Ochocinco- saw the videos too.

Of course- neither of those guys are in the NFL anymore....and were known distractions to their teams....any chance they may pass on more than just the work ethic?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Brown trained with T.O. & Ochocinco- saw the videos too.

Of course- neither of those guys are in the NFL anymore....and were known distractions to their teams....any chance they may pass on more than just the work ethic?
    Why? Did Wallace train with them, too?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe the Steelers need to bring back Hines Ward as the WR coach.