Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something many of you didn't know about Wallace vs Brown...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    To clarify- not using the position switch to 'go after Brown'- at least, not so far as performance goes.
    All I'm saying is this:

Either the position lends itself to a dropoff in stats (Wallace) or it does not (Brown)...if we are going to argue who outperformed whom, we should simply be consistent...

BTW, this story really doesn't hold water, at least in my eyes...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Anyone who turns down a contract while pouting and losing focus will get demonized over the hard worker.... even if the hard worker doesn't know all the routes or received a pay raise.

I definitely think Wallace is unfairly criticized on here but oh well... he isn't the first nor the last to be in this position. Timmons, Woodley, Troy, etc... anyone who gets a big payday or wants a big payday ends up under a microscope.
    Look- absolutely agree with all that.

Chadman isn't anti- Antonio Brown. This current Mike Wallace/ Antonio Brown contract thing isn't really about the players... not in Chadman's mind. The F.O. messed up- they undervalued Wallace, they got narky when he demanded more, then over reacted by overpaying the guy who was only scheduled to become a RFA, not UFA, and the result was they can now not afford Wallace.

They effectively ran him out of town.

It was dumb, and it makes the team weaker.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    All I'm saying is this:

Either the position lends itself to a dropoff in stats (Wallace) or it does not (Brown)...if we are going to argue who outperformed whom, we should simply be consistent...

BTW, this story really doesn't hold water, at least in my eyes...
    When Chadman compares Brown to Wallace, on the "who outperformed who" thing, normally it will be a matter of Wallace having performed at his standard for several seasons, compared to Brown's 1 season. The X/Z WR comparison was more to point out why Wallace might feel miffed that he wasn't paid while Brown was.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm with chadman.

wallace is demonized at every turn while brown gets a pass.
    Of course you are- Chadman is always right.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

When Chadman compares Brown to Wallace, on the "who outperformed who" thing, normally it will be a matter of Wallace having performed at his standard for several seasons, compared to Brown's 1 season. The X/Z WR comparison was more to point out why Wallace might feel miffed that he wasn't paid while Brown was.
    The Steelers tried to pay Wallace and he refused...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm with chadman.

wallace is demonized at every turn while brown gets a pass.
    It's because of the perception of attitude and willingness.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I have to say - who cares? Everything is pure speculation anyway (who said what, demands that were made, why is someone angry., etc). Come 9/8/13, if Wallace is dressed in the Black & Gold it will be great. If he's not; I won't give him a nano-second's worth of thought. I"ll be too amped up rooting for the guys who are on the squad and beginning the work needed for ring #7.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I have to say - who cares? Everything is pure speculation anyway (who said what, demands that were made, why is someone angry., etc). Come 9/8/13, if Wallace is dressed in the Black & Gold it will be great. If he's not; I won't give him a nano-second's worth of thought. I"ll be too amped up rooting for the guys who are on the squad and beginning the work needed for ring #7.
    Yeah, but spirits are notoriously whimsical.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Look- absolutely agree with all that.

Chadman isn't anti- Antonio Brown. This current Mike Wallace/ Antonio Brown contract thing isn't really about the players... not in Chadman's mind. The F.O. messed up- they undervalued Wallace, they got narky when he demanded more, then over reacted by overpaying the guy who was only scheduled to become a RFA, not UFA, and the result was they can now not afford Wallace.

They effectively ran him out of town.

It was dumb, and it makes the team weaker.
    They didn't run Wallace out of town... they tried to pay him what they thought he was worth and he refused. We will see if he is worth the big money this year.... I hope we don't throw big money at Wallace... he hasn't shown up in a big game in a long time and I think the WR position can be filled much easier than most believe. Look at Megatron, Fitzgerald, Deshaun Jackson... Big money WR's who play on bad teams. I would much rather spend that money in the trenches instead of throwing it at a WR who needs a perfect pass and can't draw a PI to save his life.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers tried to pay Wallace and he refused...
    Obviously, can only go on the reports we read- but if the Steelers felt Brown was worth $42 million, and they offered Wallace something similar... as Chadman said- there's 3 years of evidence that Wallace deserved more than Brown. If he turned them down, but were willing to pay Brown $42m, they should have tried harder on Wallace.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT