Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Something many of you didn't know about Wallace vs Brown...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The Manning flop works. Did you see Rivers throwing balls away like a wimp before tearing us a new one?
    Did you see Philip Rivers missed the playoffs for a 3rd straight season?

If that's what you want Ben to be? Trade him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chubbs Peterson...lol. Seriously though, you don't think stunk up the place after he returned? He was responsible for a lot of gifts to the other team. It's been a long time since he led a comeback to... and the Philly comeback wasn't that special when you look at how bad they flopped.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Did you see Philip Rivers missed the playoffs for a 3rd straight season?

If that's what you want Ben to be? Trade him.
    typical crash comeback... no one is comparing careers or stats. I'm talking about injuries and staying on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chubbs Peterson...lol. Seriously though, you don't think stunk up the place after he returned?

He strugged in the first half against the Chargers. He ALWAYS struggles for a half after a lay off.

The difference this time was Haley didn't do anything to make it easier.

Dallas? That was probably his best regulation game he had all year minus Oakland and Washington.

But again, needing 7 yards to set up Suisham once again Chubbs play-calling sucked.

The Bengals game was a joke. That was Haley's worst game of the year.

Why is the local golf pro getting a free pass?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    typical crash comeback... no one is comparing careers or stats. I'm talking about injuries and staying on the field.
    Terrific, Rivers gives up plays and stays on the field.

But he's not WINNING anymore, is he?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The play is the play and the formation is the formation there's nothing we can do about that and Ben is capable of changing the play, but he didn't. All I'm saying is that in that situation regardless of the play call Ben needs to get rid of it, not take the hit and come back and fight the next series. Instead of losing a series the Steelers lost two games and barely won the third. Who knows what lingering affects the injury had on the rest of the season. Ben never seemed quite right to me the rest of the season. For all the laughing and guffawing over Manning and Brady curling up in the fetal position, both quarterbacks understand that their teams have a better chance at winning games with them on the field and not in a boot or flak jacket on the sideline. I wish Ben would realize the same.

Pappy
    Ben isn't coachable in this regard. He has proven this over his entire career. How many more times will Ben take a sack which takes us out of field goal territory? That is simply poor QB play no matter how you slice it. What happened to "situational football", Ben?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

How many more times will Ben take a sack which takes us out of field goal territory?

I would bet in 9 years, that hasn't happened 15 times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I would bet in 9 years, that hasn't happened 15 times.

[/COLOR]
    That's less than once a year and I doubt that that's the case. I'm almost certain it happened twice this year. I'm not going to check, but it feels like more than once. The sacks that take the Steelers out of field goal range aren't limited to the 4th quarter, losing three points in the first quarter is losing three points, you just have more time to get them back (if you get them back at all).

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

then compare that to how many times he's had a succesful play when 'holding the ball too long' in that situation

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For those of you who think Wallace isn't a workout warrior. I believe he worked out this summer with Tom Shaw ... you know ... the guy that Ike Taylor trains with every year. I'm not sure why are questioning his workout ethic. I've never thought Wallace showed up out of shape. I just questioned his effort this past year. There were times it looked like he wasn't trying. I'd love for him to give the effort he showed his first few years.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!