Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 91

Thread: Something many of you didn't know about Wallace vs Brown...

  1. #71
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why? Did Wallace train with them, too?
    No- Wallace was too busy sulking on his own to hang out with the rich boys...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #72
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    From the pocket on 3rd and 4? The minute he does that?

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Put Hometown Charlie in!

    Btw, the play Ben was hurt? Heath Miller in the backfield.


    [/COLOR]
    LOL... you say this all the time. How many times was Ben booed when he threw a pass away? How many times was Ben boooed or called a sissy when he avoided a hit?

    I think you are the only one who boo's that stuff.

  3. #73
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    From the pocket on 3rd and 4? The minute he does that?

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Put Hometown Charlie in!

    Btw, the play Ben was hurt? Heath Miller in the backfield.


    [/COLOR]
    Who gives a crap about the booing? The play to make in that situation is throw the ball into the dirt or into the cheap seats. Ben dropped back took his first look and nothing open, steps up and has time right there to get rid of it, continues to move around the pocket the left tackle loses his guy and Ben gets sandwiched. With the defense playing good and they were in that game, a punt isn't a bad play.

    No one with any football acumen is calling for Charlie Batch this is something you believe is happening but in reality it isn't. I love Ben, but that injury was avoidable and the fall out from the injury cost the Steelers a playoff spot.

    The Steelers need Ben for the next 5-6 years to be competitive as he gets older the hits begin to take a toll.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  4. #74
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Brown trained with T.O. & Ochocinco- saw the videos too.

    Of course- neither of those guys are in the NFL anymore....and were known distractions to their teams....any chance they may pass on more than just the work ethic?
    I believe Andre Johnson was also in that group training if I remember the videos. He very much is in the NFL.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Who gives a crap about the booing? The play to make in that situation is throw the ball into the dirt or into the cheap seats. Ben dropped back took his first look and nothing open, steps up and has time right there to get rid of it, continues to move around the pocket the left tackle loses his guy and Ben gets sandwiched. With the defense playing good and they were in that game, a punt isn't a bad play.
    Pappy
    The catastrophic ankle sprain last year wasn't much different...

  6. #76
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL... you say this all the time. How many times was Ben booed when he threw a pass away?
    How many were from the pocket?

    He starts doing the Manning flop or throwing balls away from the pocket?

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  7. #77
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Who gives a crap about the booing? The play to make in that situation is throw the ball into the dirt or into the cheap seats.


    No, the play to make in that situation is to keep Heath Miller out of the backfield.

    It sucked when Arians did it, it sucks when Haley does it.

    Heath Miller's advantage is what he's at the LOS or in motion from the slot.

    Putting him the backfield as a pass catching option negates that advantage.



  8. #78
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, the play to make in that situation is to keep Heath Miller out of the backfield.

    It sucked when Arians did it, it sucks when Haley does it.

    Heath Miller's advantage is what he's at the LOS or in motion from the slot.

    Putting him the backfield as a pass catching option negates that advantage.


    [/COLOR]
    The play is the play and the formation is the formation there's nothing we can do about that and Ben is capable of changing the play, but he didn't. All I'm saying is that in that situation regardless of the play call Ben needs to get rid of it, not take the hit and come back and fight the next series. Instead of losing a series the Steelers lost two games and barely won the third. Who knows what lingering affects the injury had on the rest of the season. Ben never seemed quite right to me the rest of the season. For all the laughing and guffawing over Manning and Brady curling up in the fetal position, both quarterbacks understand that their teams have a better chance at winning games with them on the field and not in a boot or flak jacket on the sideline. I wish Ben would realize the same.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  9. #79
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    How many were from the pocket?

    He starts doing the Manning flop or throwing balls away from the pocket?

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    The Manning flop works. Did you see Rivers throwing balls away like a wimp before tearing us a new one? Sometimes the smart play is to go to the sideline upright instead of on a cart.

  10. #80
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    The play is the play and the formation is the formation there's nothing we can do about that and Ben is capable of changing the play, but he didn't.


    Yeah, a 3rd down draw to Redman. That'll work.

    Who knows what lingering affects the injury had on the rest of the season


    It didn't. The golf coaches play-calling did.

    Just like Heath said, the Chiefs started taking away the short routes.

    And Chubbs Peterson never adjusted to it.







Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •