With that in mind, I don't believe either player deserved that contract based upon last season...
Brown has the contract because Wallace didn't want it...now, Brown has to earn that contract going forward and Wallace will, most likely, be earning a contract somewhere else...
I don't think I've ever seen Chadman so far off in his analysis as he is in this post.
Again you missed the point. Rooney said we were on track through game 9. Through the first 9 games in 2011 Ben was sacked 26 times. Through the first 9 games in 2012 Ben was sacked 17 times and almost a third of those sacks came in the first game. I would say knocking your average down by 1 sack a game is a significant improvement.
As far as the receivers contract I don't see a problem. They tried to sign Wallace and when he turned down their final offer they moved on to whom they considered their next highest priority ... Antonio Brown. I think Wallace was going to be a distraction whether they signed Brown or not. He, or his agent, think he is worth more than the Steelers do. Do you want them to just back up the Brinks truck to Wallace's house and pay him whatever he wants so he doesn't lose focus? I don't think that is a very smart plan.
1st Bud Dupree OLB / Peters/Johnson CB
2nd PJ Williams CB / Danielle Hunter OLB
3rd Jesse James TE
4th Jaquiski Tartt S
5th Josue Matias OG
6a Karlos Williams RB
6b Kyle Emanuel OLB
7th Evan Spencer WR
So you don't want the owner to try and improve an offense that is an inconsistent mess and would never win anything without its star QB.
No, I'd rather he let the people he pays to coach his football team do it.
1. Going from 6-3 to 7-8.
2. Losing to Cle, Oak, TN and SD.
3. 26th rushing ranking, on a team that cherishes running the ball.
4. a 3.7 avg. yards per rush. Pathetic.
5. 24th in sacks, on a team that supposedly has a defense that prioritizes getting to the QB.
6. a team with players who don't give a full effort - completely unacceptable.
7. a QB who publicly rips his coaching staff.
8. a QB who throws bonehead pics in the clutch, losing games from his stupidity.
9. a coach who makes major gaffs during the games - leading to losses from pure idiocy.
10. a team that lacks hearts, chemistry and discipline.
Do I need to go on?