Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's Lynn Swann?

Who else got chills seeing that clip from the late 70's? What about the infamous SB catch where Terry was throwing out of his endzone? Have someone toss you a ball as you run under it as you are tripping to appreciate the balance and concentration on that catch.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post
    Who else got chills seeing that clip from the late 70's? What about the infamous SB catch where Terry was throwing out of his endzone? Have someone toss you a ball as you run under it as you are tripping to appreciate the balance and concentration on that catch.

we tried it as kids for years in the Burgh every fall

I met Swann at the Pittsburgh airport back in 1981. I was headed off to college and I was late for my plane and as I was running for the plane there was a guy just taking his time going the same direction as me. I stoped a second and told the guy, " if your on the flight to California you better hurry up because it's about to leave. " He said don't worry and stop running, the plane won't leave without us. That is when I realized I was speaking to Lynn Swann. Just stick with me, they'll wait for us he said once again. He sat in first class I sat in last class.
    I've seen many of the Steelers and coaches at the airport at times whether I was taking a flight or picking someone up at the airport. Outside in public I've ran into Andy Russell, LC Greenwood, the one defensive cord his name started with an " H " and he became a head coach down the road. Mike Wagner not too long ago, Larry Brown, Tom Rickets, Kevin Colbert at my wifes nephews wedding.
    It was an odd thing about Colbert. He and his wife and my wife all walked into the reception hall together and I knew I'd seen him before but, I couldn't place it. I'm looking at him I said hello and I convinced myself he was a sub-contractor or someone I've dealt with in the past. We sat at the same table I asked him how he has been and he asked me the same . We ate, I made some jokes as I always do we were laughing most of the night at our table and it wasn't until weeks later my brother -n- law told me that I was speaking to Colbert that night. I'm glad I didn't know it was him because I would have probably driven the poor guy nuts. From what I remember, he's a big guy.

Legend
    lass class... lol.