Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2012: Lawyers Gone Mad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    That's gotta hurt lowering yourself to that level
    I did feel a little burn in the loin. Dammit Crash!

Legend

User Info Menu

You are right, the offense did fail.

They didn't save the defense again in a big game. But as soon as the defense plays a good game against some scrub the Jimmy Pol music's playing and the IC beer is flowing like Niagra Falls.

That game was only close for one reason, the defense couldn't get of the field after we would score ourselves.

Just like in Oakland.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Actually it smartens him up.

Just like all you experts who thought I was nuts when I said Pouncey at guard would be a good thing.

Now go watch that Ravens game again. That was probably the best game the OL had all year.
    I will forget more than you will ever know when it comes to football and I haven't forgotten anything yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you want to match their TDs with FGs it is on the offense.

Then how in the flying ..... can you blame the offense for ANYTHING that happened in Oakland?

THREE TIMES, the offense scored TDs.....

THREE TIMES, the defense gave a TD back.....

The offense did exactly what you wanted.

And you STILL give LeBeau a free pass.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Then how in the flying ..... can you blame the offense for ANYTHING that happened in Oakland?

THREE TIMES, the offense scored TDs.....

THREE TIMES, the defense gave a TD back.....

The offense did exactly what you wanted.

And you STILL give LeBeau a free pass.

[/COLOR]
    Are we looking for an instance where you could blame DL? Are we hitting every game with a microscope until we find it?

I guess you didn't read my breakdowns. BB had a great game. The passing offense was productive. The defense gave up that 64 yard run to McFadden early but on the day the Raiders rushed for 119. The Raiders passing game was efficient but only 202 yards. Again, turnovers & mistakes. AB gets a punt return called back on a penalty in the 2nd, Dwyer fumbles at their own 31 in the 2nd, and Antonio Brown fumbles at the Raiders 36 in the 4th. Wouldn't you put the game on those mistakes before anything?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Are we looking for an instance where you could blame DL? Are we hitting every game with a microscope until we find it?

I guess you didn't read my breakdowns. BB had a great game. The passing offense was productive. The defense gave up that 64 yard run to McFadden early but on the day the Raiders rushed for 119. The Raiders passing game was efficient but only 202 yards. Again, turnovers & mistakes. AB gets a punt return called back on a penalty in the 2nd, Dwyer fumbles at their own 31 in the 2nd, and Antonio Brown fumbles at the Raiders 36 in the 4th. Wouldn't you put the game on those mistakes before anything?
    No, I would put the game on the fact that in their last 5 possessions on the field to a washed up, has been, no hoping bozo like Carson Palmer this alleged "#1 ranked" defense gave up 27 points in 5 drives.

If you can't blame the defense for that game? You'll never blame them for ANYTHING.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The problems we had this year have to be shared by all units. All I know we lost 5 games by three points, win two of those any we play in the post season.
    The defense had their issue's earlier in the season but came on and put us in position to win games but the offense couldn't generate points, and when we had good field position in many games on returns we had penalties that negated them.
    Combine that with drops by our receivers killing drives the unbelieveable 7 fumbles in Cleveland, the injuries and so on, no wonder we are sitting at home.

Its frustrating for all of us, but the game that really pissed me off was when we played San Diego@ Home BTW, the Steelers flat out wern't ready to play that game, I guess they left all their plays and emotion in Baltimore when Batch beat the Rats.

Legend

User Info Menu

So... The D sucked against the Raiders. I can buy that but I remember the I giving them short fields as well. What about the second half of the season? The O was horrible. Every game where we needed a last minute drive ended with an INTo besides the Philly game.

If this season was lost by the D then we will never make the playoffs again because anytime we did get a TO the O floundered... except for the game vs the Giants.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    So... The D sucked against the Raiders. I can buy that but I remember the I giving them short fields as well.
    They gave then ONE short field after Brown's fumble.

Don't you read? THREE TIMES we scored touchdowns.

THREE TIMES the defense gave a TD back.

If that doesn't blame this defense, nothing will.

Legend

User Info Menu

If this season was lost by the D then we will never make the playoffs again because anytime we did get a TO the O floundered... except for the game vs the Giants.

How many drives did the offense get to start on the opponent side of the field because of a turnover forced all season?