Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2012: Lawyers Gone Mad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And where were they in time of possession? You can't give up points when the offense holds the ball Slap.

Case in point, the Eagles game: The Eagles down 13-7 take over with 14:51 left in the game after Suisham's FG.

They hold the ball for over EIGHT MINUTES, and score a TD to take the lead (So that's blowing a 4th quarter lead, AND give back points).

The Steelers then take over with 6:33 left, chew up the remainder of the clock, kick a FG, and win.

Now, someone like you who doesn't realize context of games would say, "they only scored three points in the 4th quarter, and the defense only gave up 7".

While ignoring the fact, that the only 7 points they gave up in that quarter, was the only time they were on the field during it.

This defense is overrated. I would gladly take a 15th "ranked" defense if they forced more turnovers.
    Sounds good to me. The Rams are the 15th "ranked" defense and they forced more turnovers. Go be a fan of theirs.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

OMG, what exactly did Ben's child have to do with the defense blowing three 4th quarter leads (Three losses) in the seasons first 5 games?

Now I've heard it all. Ben's unborn child is the reason our defense can't hold leads.

Last year it was Arians.

Will it EVER be LeBeau?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Sounds good to me. The Rams are the 15th "ranked" defense and they forced more turnovers. Go be a fan of theirs.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

You keep ignoring the facts.

I'll stick to them.

Six blown 4th quarter leads in 2012, four in losses.

That was supposed to be all Bruce Arians' fault.

But Arians is no longer here.

When does LeBeau's problems, become LeBeau's responsibility?

Rookie

User Info Menu

If only Crash weren't still on ignore...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OMG, what exactly did Ben's child have to do with the defense blowing three 4th quarter leads (Three losses) in the seasons first 5 games?

Now I've heard it all. Ben's unborn child is the reason our defense can't hold leads.

Last year it was Arians.

Will it EVER be LeBeau?
    Who said that? You got slow while you were away. I said I was happy with the defense but would like more pressure-sacks. That would generate more TOs. I put it on the offense and BB. Not converting 3rd downs and redzone scoring. I can't believe in those must win games DL keyed BB helmet and told him Brandon Carr and Reggie Nelson were open. You are right...It is DL fault.

The defense down the stretch gave the Steelers every opportunity to win games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did they? Philip Rivers has sucked for 3 years.

Not against LeBeau.

Tony Romo's throws INTs in warm ups.

Not against LeBeau.

The problem LeBeau has is nothing changes in crunch time.

KC has a 4th and 15 down three points. What do we do?

Rush 4, drop 7 in zone, complete, kick a game tying field goal.

Cincy has the ball on our 46 needing a FG to go to the playoffs. What do we do?

Rush 3, drop 8 in zone (AND give Green a free release), complete, kick a GW field goal.

The same problems that used to be Bruce Arians' fault are still going on.

LeBeau is running out of scapegoats. Sooner or later is HAS to come back to him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

You keep ignoring the facts.

I'll stick to them.

Six blown 4th quarter leads in 2012, four in losses.

That was supposed to be all Bruce Arians' fault.

But Arians is no longer here.

When does LeBeau's problems, become LeBeau's responsibility?
    Even Ben realizes the offense didn't hold up it's end. The defense certainly wasn't perfect. In fact it was downright bad at the beginning of the year. But then the old man made some adjustments and it played well for the rest of the year. I agree with you that yardage shouldn't be the benchmark of a defense but points should be. We did well in that area ... again.

I really don't blame the offense or the defense for our less than stellar year. I do think we were done in by the lack of cohesion of the offensive line due to injuries. I was excited by the prospect of our starting line at the beginning of the year and that projected starting line never played one game together. I really believe that was our downfall.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This defense is overrated. I would gladly take a 15th "ranked" defense if they forced more turnovers.
    I wouldn't. In my philosophy, the D's first job is to keep the other team from scoring. Second, is to keep the team in good field position. Third, get turnovers but only as a happy byproduct of doing the first two.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Who said that? You got slow while you were away. I said I was happy with the defense but would like more pressure-sacks. That would generate more TOs. I put it on the offense and BB. Not converting 3rd downs and redzone scoring. I can't believe in those must win games DL keyed BB helmet and told him Brandon Carr and Reggie Nelson were open. You are right...It is DL fault.

The defense down the stretch gave the Steelers every opportunity to win games.
    Um, Ben was the BEST 3rd down passer in football prior to his injury.

Defense still blew four 4th quarter leads in 9 games.

Now what?

You are right, the Dallas game was a "must win".

And Tony freaking Romo shredded our "#1 ranked" defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I wouldn't. In my philosophy, the D's first job is to keep the other team from scoring
    So when the offense holds the ball and scores after the defense gives up a lead, the defense gets credit for not giving up more points?

The Steelers were 20th in starting field position in 2012, last season they were 30th.

The Steelers were among the worst teams in the league in forcing turnovers.

Care to re-think that?