Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2012: Lawyers Gone Mad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Even Ben realizes the offense didn't hold up it's end
    Ben always takes the blame. That's what leaders do.

While a defense that can't make a big play for most of the year, has blown the second most 4th quarter leads since 2007 brags about their "rank".

Legend

User Info Menu

Got to agree with Crash that the defense is overrated. Yards allowed isn't the most important measure. Making stops and forcing turnovers in critical situations is far more important. We need to get better at that. Some of that may be on LeBeau, but we have too many high-priced players who are underachieving on D (ie., Woodley, Hampton, Polamalu, Harrison). Harrison and Polamalu appeared to be rounding into form by season's end, but they need to take drastic pay cuts. We need to be able to invest more money on the offensive side of the team. If Wallace walks, we need to pony up to find Ben a fast target, and maybe a veteran tight end.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Ben always takes the blame. That's what leaders do.

While a defense that can't make a big play for most of the year, has blown the second most 4th quarter leads since 2007 brags about their "rank".
    Name me 1 defensive player who "bragged" about their rank. I'll wait. I'll also wait while you provide me with a link on your stats about blown 4th quarter leads.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Got to agree with Crash that the defense is overrated. Yards allowed isn't the most important measure. Making stops and forcing turnovers in critical situations is far more important. We need to get better at that. Some of that may be on LeBeau, but we have too many high-priced players who are underachieving on D (ie., Woodley, Hampton, Polamalu, Harrison). Harrison and Polamalu appeared to be rounding into form by season's end, but they need to take drastic pay cuts. We need to be able to invest more money on the offensive side of the team. If Wallace walks, we need to pony up to find Ben a fast target, and maybe a veteran tight end.
    I agree. Yards isn't the most important measure. Points are.

How many points did the defense give up?

How many points did the offense score?

Our defense did not create turnovers. Okay. I won't argue.

Our offense sure as hell did, though...especially at critical moments in the game...

Our special teams did not help either...the Steelers lost two games at home when the defense did not allow a TD...think about it...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did they? Philip Rivers has sucked for 3 years.

Not against LeBeau.

Tony Romo's throws INTs in warm ups.

Not against LeBeau.

The problem LeBeau has is nothing changes in crunch time.

KC has a 4th and 15 down three points. What do we do?

Rush 4, drop 7 in zone, complete, kick a game tying field goal.

Cincy has the ball on our 46 needing a FG to go to the playoffs. What do we do?

Rush 3, drop 8 in zone (AND give Green a free release), complete, kick a GW field goal.

The same problems that used to be Bruce Arians' fault are still going on.

LeBeau is running out of scapegoats. Sooner or later is HAS to come back to him.

You are seeing what you want to see because you hate DL. I have been critical of DL over the last two years too but this season you can't sway the blame on him.

And yes...The D put them in position sown the stretch.

BB goes down early in the 2nd half where he was 9/18 for 84 & 1 TD. The Steelers are hanging on for their life against KC when BB goes down. You are critical of DL pass defesne...Cassel was 11/26 for 154 no TDs & 1 INT. They won the game!

Against SD, BB threw a pass that was deemed a fumble that was returned for 6. Sitting on 27-3 at that point. Is that 3 on the defense? BB also threw a 4th QTR INT...34-10 at that point. I guess you don't Remember that? Game ends up 34-24 on late TDs when the Chargers are already celebrating. Final score doesn't scream offense unless you watched the game.

Against Dallas, BB sacked 4 times and throws that pick in OT. BB was having a pretty good game up until that point. That is the game where ONE thing dictated the outcome. BB had the ball in his hands to go for the win. How else you see that?

Against the Bengals, BB throws 2 picks & was sacked 4 times. BB threw a pick 6 at his own 17! Funny you mentioned the set up for the game winning FG. You left out the part where BB threw the INT in his own end that set it up.

Really Crash... The stuff you SPEW indicates you don't watch any of the games & know less.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 01-10-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

This year the offense was the reason we lost most games. Not sure how anyone can dispute it...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Name me 1 defensive player who "bragged" about their rank
    James Harrison on Facebook this week is the latest.

I'll also wait while you provide me with a link on your stats about blown 4th quarter leads.

[url]http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsmar-dont-believe-hype-steelers-d[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

BB goes down early in the 2nd half where he was 9/18 for 84 & 1 TD.

And what happened in that game? Because Ben and the offense didn't have the nerve to take the lead on their first drive of the game? The Chiefs on their second drive of the night took a 7-0 lead. Which was their first lead in regulation THE ENTIRE SEASON.

I guess the defense was "tired".

The Steelers are hanging on for their life against KC when BB goes down.

Um, no, the offense was finally starting to move the ball. They scored 10 points on their final two possessions of the first half, and then Ben got hurt.

Against SD, BB threw a pass that was deemed a fumble that was returned for 6.

And they were down 20-3 at that point. Why? Partially because the defense, after Roethlisberger and the offense kicked a FG at the end of the half in hurry up, had to sit there for almost TEN MINUTES before they saw the ball ONCE in the second half.

I guess the defense got winded at halftime sitting in the locker room.

The Dallas game? Funny how Romo killing them doesn't count.

I guess you slept through the Raiders game when Carson Palmer killed them.

The Tennessee game? That doesn't count either?

The Bengals game we didn't use Ben all day minus the end of the halves. In the first half it worked. In the second half it didn't.

You guys need to realize the season is 16 games. Blowing 4th quarter leads isn't the offense's fault.

Legend

User Info Menu

Our offense sure as hell did, though...especially at critical moments in the game...

How many of those turnovers were in the three games Ben didn't play?

Again, context. Not stat sheets.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Crash’s comments that make sense:

You just make things too easy for me Crash. I don't know if I should laugh at it or Thank you. Time for you to walk the walk.

I have been very critical of DL over the last two seasons...Look it up. I wanted him gone before 2012. Now I am one who wants him here in 2013 because of what is going to take place in 2013. But my "hate" for someone doesn't cloud my judgment like you. I call it how it is. DL & this defense was not without disappointments but the SEASON does not fall on them.

You are 100% correct. It is a 16 game season. What YOU need to realize...It is also not about how you start but how you finish. How you are playing going into the playoffs. Nothing is awarded to you on what you accomplished in the beginning of the year. The defense was playing playoff football down the stretch. No other way you could slice, spin, or spew it. The Steeler offense did not rise to the challenge in the must win games. BB tunovers, lack of converting 3rd downs, and kicking FGs in the redzone. The ball in BB hands in must win games...Not coming from behind...TIED. Turnovers. In no way is that on the D.

Your knife of giving up 4th Qtr leads has two sides don't forget. How about the offense being ineffective and letting teams they should easily beat hang around until that 4th Qtr. Does that ring a bell?

So I will do your homework for you. Again, you seem to look at stats or summaries and didn’t watch the games. I will have to do it in several posts I guess.