Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2012: Lawyers Gone Mad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Broncos game:
    Steelers 2 TDs & 2 FGs. Losing 13-14 starting 4th. To start, Steelers score a TD in 2 plays to take lead. In the 4th, Steelers scored 6 points to Broncos 17. BB has the ball in his hands late in the 4th down 19-25. BB throws a pick 6. Did I mention the Steelers 2 drives after they take the lead the go 3 & out and 2 plays and that pick 6? The defense forced a TO too. Does the defense have any faults? Absolutely..They gave up that 71 yarder. But they kept them in the game. It was a one possession game going into the 4th. BB versus Manning. BB gave it away.

Raiders game:
    Steelers 4 TDs & 1 FG. Winning 31-21 to start the 4th. To start, Raiders score a TD after 9 plays to go 28 yards 31-28. In the 4th, Steelers score 0 points to Raiders 13. After the Raiders pull within 3, The Steelers go 3 plays & fumble. Defense holds them to FG 31-31. Then Steelers go 6 plays for 4 yards & punt. Raiders get in FG range & kick game winner as time expires. So Brown & Dwyer fumble in their territory & Clark gets an INT during the game. AB also had a punt return TD called back. The Steelers score NO points in the 4th QTR & turn it over twice and it is all on the defense? Interesting.

Titans game:
    Steelers 2 TDs & 3 FGs. Losing 13-16 to start 4th. To start, Steelers go 4 plays 23 yards to score a TD to take lead 20-16. 6 plays into Titans drive, Timmons gets an INT. Steelers go 4 plays & get FG 23-16. Next possession, Titans tie it up at 23 all. Steelers go 9 plays for 53 yards and miss a 54 yard field goal. Titans get the ball at their 45 and 4 plays later Titans kick the game winning FG as time expires. Where do you want to point a finger on this one…You tell me? BB threw an INT near the end of the 1st half going in for a TD at the Titans 12.

Chiefs game:
    Now this was a win & where BB got hurt but I’m going to show you something because you think the offense was getting it going and DL & his defense wasn’t doing their jobs. They were tied 13 all going into the 4th.

KC – 5 plays 11 yards & punt
    PIT – 4 plays 23 yards & punt
    KC – 4 plays 70 yards TD 7-0
    PIT – 3 plays 6 yards & punt
    KC – 7 plays 28 yards & punt
    PIT – 3 plays 24 yards & FUMBLE at PIT 9
    KC – 4 plays 6 yards & FG 10-0
    KICK OFF OUT OF BOUNDS
    PIT – 11 plays 37 yards & FG 10-3
    KC – 3 plays 4 yards & punt to 50
    PIT – 7 plays 50 yards & TD 10-10
    KC – 7 plays 28 yards & punt
    PIT – 1 play 3 yards & end of half

I look at that first half & I see a defense doing its JOB. I see an offense that started slow with 3 wasted series & turned it over inside their own 9 yard line. Steelers were lucky to only be down 10-0 at that point. Then because of a kick off out of bounds they get great field possession down 10 and only get a FG? Then the D comes up big again and gets off the field giving them the ball back at the 50. They tie it up. Then the D steps up again before the end of the half and forces another punt. So where in any of that is the Defense slacking & the offense shining? It isn’t. BB was still on the field. The Steelers get the ball to start 2nd half & they go 3 & out with BB getting hurt. KC’s 2nd half started out with 13 play 55 yard drive that ended with a missed FG. The Steelers D then held them to 4 three & out series where they gained 15 yards. Their final drive in regulation was a 9 play 53 yard drive where they got the FG to tie. How did the Steelers do without BB? 4 punts, 1 turnover on downs at their own 49, & one drive for a FG. To complete a game that clearly was all on the defense, Timmons picks off the 2nd play of OT at KC’s 28 & takes it to the 5 where they immediately kick the FG to win in OT. So where in any part of this game can you point a finger at a the D?

Chargers game:
    Steelers 3 TDs & 1 FG. Losing 27-10 to start 4th. To start, Chargers go 7 plays that net 15 yards & punt. BB gets INT on the 2nd play at the Steelers 17. 2 plays later Chargers score a TD 34-10. Game was over long before that. What follows is 2 three & out by the Chargers just trying to end it while the Steelers try and make it look better that it was. Steelers offensive possessions in the first half was 6 punts, a turnover on downs, and a FG drive at the end of the half. The Chargers started 4 of their 7 possessions in the Steelers territory. The Steelers D still held the Chargers to 4 punts, 2 FGs, & 1 TD and only down 13-3 at half. So you want to say the offense couldn’t see the field for 10 minutes because they gave up a TD drive to start the half? Well fire them all. The D was playing on the wrong side of the 50 the whole first half & Crash thinks they should have thrown in a TD or 2 because the offense couldn’t do anything but punt in the first half and that is on the D too. You are a reasonable man or boy…Not sure! So BB throws the fumble return for 6. Ok…Unfortunate. Hard to point a finger at BB & the offense. Down 27-3 at that point and they respond with a TD 27-10. D holds them to a punt. Two plays into that series BB throws that pick at his own 17. What do you want from a defense? Offense is the one responsible to put points on the board. If they are doing nothing but turning it over, punting, and flipping the field for the Chargers O…34-10 is all on them.

Cowboys game:
    It isn’t hard to see what happened if you watched the game. Romo this…Romo that…. BB had the ball in his hands to win it…But I will do it for you.
    Steelers 3 TDs & 1 FG. Tied 10-10 at half & 17-17 to start 4th. To start, Steelers go 5 plays 36 yards & a TD to take lead 24-17. Steelers D holds them to 6 plays that net 4 yards and they punt. AB fumbles the punt in Steelers territory and the Cowboys go in for a TD to tie 24-24. Steelers next possession is a punt. BB gets it 2 more times in regulation because the D forces 2 three & outs. Overtime…And you know the rest.

Bengals game:
    Again, really? You didn’t see BB throw the INT at the end of regulation in his territory?
    Steelers 1 TD & 1 FG. Losing 10-7 at half & Tied 10-10 to start 4th. To start, Bengals run 2 plays & Green fumbles recovered by Clark at Steelers 42. The Steelers O goes backwards 23 yards & punts. Bengals go 4 plays and Dalton is INT by Allen at PIT 23. Steelers go 6 plays for 19 yards & punts. Next two possessions they trade missed FGs. Steelers D forces a three & out on the next possession. BB throws the pick 3 plays later and the Bengals have it at the Steelers 46… And you know the rest. You say they didn’t use BB all day but the End of the halves. Hmmm. He attempted 8 passes in the 3rd & 5 in the 1st with the pick 6. That is almost half his attempts. Steelers 3rd Qtr drives were 2 three & outs and a FG. 2nd Qtr drives were 15 play drive that was a missed FG, a punt, and a TD. 1st Qtr drives were 2 punts and the pick 6. I know…You are all about DL costing the Steelers season. Well in the biggest game of the season…His D forced 6 punts, INT 2 times, forced 1 fumble, turned them over on downs 1 time, missed FG drive, and gave up 2 FGs…And also had in 6 sacks. I will be completely honest….It was what DL did & what he had to work with in the Bengals game that convinced me he needs to be here 1 more year.

You want to blame something for the season Crash? Blame BB’s key INTs & the Turnovers on offense. Blame the lack of running game and the inability to move the chains down the stretch. Blame lack of effort on the offensive side of the ball. Just don’t blame anyone named >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D!CK!

Legend

User Info Menu

You want to blame something for the season Crash? Blame BB’s key INTs & the Turnovers on offense.

No, I'll blame both Ben and the defense.

Yeah, the defense gave up THREE 80 yard TD drives in Denver, and somehow you want to say they "kept them in the game"?

Only in Pittsburgh. Where defensive rankings mean more than quality play.

Like I told you guys in the summer, Arians is gone, who's going to be blamed next when LeBeau's 4th quarter defense remains the same?

Six blown 4th quarter leads (4 in losses).

When does LeBeau start taking the heat for it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, I'll blame both Ben and the defense.

Yeah, the defense gave up THREE 80 yard TD drives in Denver, and somehow you want to say they "kept them in the game"?

Only in Pittsburgh. Where defensive rankings mean more than quality play.
    Really Crash? You want to go back to the first game of the season? No mention of the two INTs BB threw in the must win games?

Ya know what...I will speak your language. You make No mention of the INT in the Denver game that was returned for a TD with over 2 minutes left. It was 25-19 & Steelers had the ball. The Steelers did give up 3 drives....There was a 2 play 80 yard drive that was Thomas's 71 yard TD. Did you look at a drive comparison between the two teams?

Denver Drives: 2 punts, 1 fumble, 1 FG, and 3 TDs
    Steeler Drives: 3 punts, 1 INT(TD), 1 TO on downs, 2 FGs, and 2 TDs

You know what the difference was in the game? Do you really have to be told even though you have the stats and watched the game?

BB was 22/40 245 2/1(For TD) 5 sacks for 36 yards
    Manning was 19/26 253 2/0 2 sacks for 13

That is all you need to know. It was QB versus QB and BB didn't get it done. These games are going to happen if you are a contender.

I showed 6 losses above and the Steelers were only winning 1 at the start of the 4th. Tight games are always going to change hands in the 4th. Don't know where you are trying to go with your "blown 4th Qtr leads". That is an elastic stat that is meaningless unless you expand on it. If your statement is going to be the Steelers lost 4th Qtr leads of 2-3 posession margins that would be a concern. How many times can a lead change happen in the 4th if the margin is within a TD or FG? That is ridiculous. Steelers up by one and someone kicks a FG in the 4th and "OMFG they blew a 4th Qtr lead!" SB hangover year that was a concern...Not in 2012. If you are in a 1 posession game in the forth Qtr & you lose the lead it isn't a "blown lead' it is a game. Here's a theory you should chew on....If the offense scores more points OR moves the chains and keeps the ball out of their hands OR doesn't tun the ball over.....they won't be able to take the lead.

DL will take the heat when he deserves if....Just wasn't this year. I took him off high and put him on simmer on the back burner. I will jump back on him without hesitation.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 01-11-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

You know what the difference was in the game?

Yes, the Steelers defense blew ass and the Broncos didn't.

The Steelers defense on THREE DIFFERENT occasions gave up TDs following our own scores.

That's where the game was lost. Can't blame Ben for not saving their ass again, sooner or later the defense has to make a play. The way American football works is you score, but unless the returner fumbles the kick or it's an onside kick? The defense has to go on the field.

They can't be protected on the sideline all day.

Legend

User Info Menu

DL will take the heat when he deserves if....Just wasn't this year.

Then you'll never blame him.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Really Crash? You want to go back to the first game of the season? No mention of the two INTs BB threw in the must win games?

Ya know what...I will speak your language. You make No mention of the INT in the Denver game that was returned for a TD with over 2 minutes left. It was 25-19 & Steelers had the ball. The Steelers did give up 3 drives....There was a 2 play 80 yard drive that was Thomas's 71 yard TD. Did you look at a drive comparison between the two teams?

Denver Drives: 2 punts, 1 fumble, 1 FG, and 3 TDs
    Steeler Drives: 3 punts, 1 INT(TD), 1 TO on downs, 2 FGs, and 2 TDs

You know what the difference was in the game? Do you really have to be told even though you have the stats and watched the game?

BB was 22/40 245 2/1(For TD) 5 sacks for 36 yards
    Manning was 19/26 253 2/0 2 sacks for 13

That is all you need to know. It was QB versus QB and BB didn't get it done. These games are going to happen if you are a contender.

I showed 6 losses above and the Steelers were only winning 1 at the start of the 4th. Tight games are always going to change hands in the 4th. Don't know where you are trying to go with your "blown 4th Qtr leads". That is an elastic stat that is meaningless unless you expand on it. If your statement is going to be the Steelers lost 4th Qtr leads of 2-3 posession margins that would be a concern. How many times can a lead change happen in the 4th if the margin is within a TD or FG? That is ridiculous. Steelers up by one and someone kicks a FG in the 4th and "OMFG they blew a 4th Qtr lead!" SB hangover year that was a concern...Not in 2012. If you are in a 1 posession game in the forth Qtr & you lose the lead it isn't a "blown lead' it is a game. Here's a theory you should chew on....If the offense scores more points OR moves the chains and keeps the ball out of their hands OR doesn't tun the ball over.....they won't be able to take the lead.

DL will take the heat when he deserves if....Just wasn't this year. I took him off high and put him on simmer on the back burner. I will jump back on him without hesitation.
    JPN - It's a waste of time and energy...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    JPN - It's a waste of time and energy...
    Says the guy who reads box scores.

Just go back to what I said in the summer BEFORE we even played Denver:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

Ya know what...I will speak your language.
    That's gotta hurt lowering yourself to that level

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually it smartens him up.

Just like all you experts who thought I was nuts when I said Pouncey at guard would be a good thing.

Now go watch that Ravens game again. That was probably the best game the OL had all year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Yes, the Steelers defense blew ass and the Broncos didn't.

The Steelers defense on THREE DIFFERENT occasions gave up TDs following our own scores.

That's where the game was lost. Can't blame Ben for not saving their ass again, sooner or later the defense has to make a play. The way American football works is you score, but unless the returner fumbles the kick or it's an onside kick? The defense has to go on the field.

[/COLOR]They can't be protected on the sideline all day.

You should look closer.

DEN PUNT
    PIT PUNT (Missed Opportunity)
    DEN FUMBLE Recovered by PIT at DEN 49
    DEN PUNT
    PIT FG (How about a TD)
    DEN TD
    PIT TD
    HALF
    PIT FG (How about a TD)
    DEN TD
    PIT TD
    DEN TD
    DEN FG
    PIT INT FOR TD (That's Game!)
    PIT T/O ON DOWNS
    DEN Kneel on it.

Seems to be the Steelers Offense was the ones who needed to make a play and failed...But BB made a play for the Broncos that day! FGs wasn't going to win the game that day. If your defense gets a TO and gives you the ball 3 times with a goose egg on the scoreboard and you come away with 3 points...It is on offense. If you want to match their TDs with FGs it is on the offense. Last & most importantly...If you want to throw a pick 6 when you are down by 6 with over 2 minutes to go...It is on the BB.