Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2012: Lawyers Gone Mad

Legend

User Info Menu

Crash's happiness is what the Steelers should focus on. That way this board will be normal again.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Just get a OC that will let Ben call all the plays then Crash will be happy.
    No, we need an OC that's not handcuffed by ownership. Be it Haley or someone else.

We have two big games in Dallas, and then against Cincy, and Plaxico Burress is inactive, and Leonard Pope who sees what? One snap a game isn't? To do what? Play on the field goal team?

This ownership needs to realize the only way this team has a chance to win anything, is top build their offense around Ben and the wides.

Sorry, but this plodding, slow, snail paced offense is 100% crap. And fails to put this offense, and this team, in position to win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Art II is nothing but a two-bit lawyer who is only in his current position because of who his Daddy is and who needs to stop his meddling and wants the Steelers to return to 70s football even if it means we never win another Super Bowl.

did I miss anything?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

No that about sums it up.

Here's another gem from F. Lee Rooney: "Our defensive backs have to be more ball aware"

Well guess what genius? Tell that to the DC and his ridiculous "Tackle the catch" mentality.

It's only been going on, what? 9 years since he came back?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No that about sums it up.

Here's another gem from F. Lee Rooney: "Our defensive backs have to be more ball aware"

Well guess what genius? Tell that to the DC and his ridiculous "Tackle the catch" mentality.

It's only been going on, what? 9 years since he came back?
    Exactly. I don't know how the ownership puts up with DL who constantly has one of the league's worst defenses. Oh, wait ...
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Exactly. I don't know how the ownership puts up with DL who constantly has one of the league's worst defenses. Oh, wait ...
    I think this year has proven their ranking to be the farce it is.

Before I was wrongfully banned here I gave you people two big things to watch for, things that Arians couldn't be blamed for but always was:

1. Give back points

How many times did the Steelers defense give up a score after we scored ourselves in 2012? It's why we don't blow teams out, it's why we blow 4th quarter leads.

2. Lack of turnovers forced.

What was their rank this year?

What was their rank in 2011?

Then compare that to 2010, and what their scoring rank in 2010 (with Ben sitting 4 games) was?

You don't win games with yards.

I wish the LeBeau defenders would realize that already.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers defense was 6th in scoring defense this year...

Giving up points isn't the problem...neither is the defense...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, we need an OC that's not handcuffed by ownership. Be it Haley or someone else.

We have two big games in Dallas, and then against Cincy, and Plaxico Burress is inactive, and Leonard Pope who sees what? One snap a game isn't? To do what? Play on the field goal team?

This ownership needs to realize the only way this team has a chance to win anything, is top build their offense around Ben and the wides.

Sorry, but this plodding, slow, snail paced offense is 100% crap. And fails to put this offense, and this team, in position to win.
    Holy $hit...I agree with Crash!

Do I have to sign anything?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers defense was 6th in scoring defense this year
    And where were they in time of possession? You can't give up points when the offense holds the ball Slap.

Case in point, the Eagles game: The Eagles down 13-7 take over with 14:51 left in the game after Suisham's FG.

They hold the ball for over EIGHT MINUTES, and score a TD to take the lead (So that's blowing a 4th quarter lead, AND give back points).

The Steelers then take over with 6:33 left, chew up the remainder of the clock, kick a FG, and win.

Now, someone like you who doesn't realize context of games would say, "they only scored three points in the 4th quarter, and the defense only gave up 7".

While ignoring the fact, that the only 7 points they gave up in that quarter, was the only time they were on the field during it.

This defense is overrated. I would gladly take a 15th "ranked" defense if they forced more turnovers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers defense was 6th in scoring defense this year...

Giving up points isn't the problem...neither is the defense...
    I lean heavily the same way Slap feels. I definately want to see more pressure on the QB but nobody was lighting us up when our 11 were on the field. Pressure-Sacks lead to more turnovers.

One thing in here nobody mentioned so I will. These guys aren't just football players. The have a home life. BB getting married and having a kid had an impact on him. Throw in a new OC on top of that and stuff is falling off the plate. I expect BB to turn it all around next year with his feet under him. You can argue it didn't but there is no doubt in my mind that BB's guage was above the "full" mark in 2012.