Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the year Cowher Returns To Coaching?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is this the year Cowher Returns To Coaching?

I'm hearing he wants to return at some point as it presents a challenge for him, and he said the lay-off won't matter. He coached for 27 years, and with his current job he's well aware of the current NFL and its workings.
    Every year this is talked about, but I have a feeling either this year or next Bill will make a move back to coaching.

He'll make a ton of money for one, and I think he's getting bored with his current position, so its logical he gets back to coaching. There's been speculation on what team he would coach for sometime now, its anyones guess but I would think the team he does coach must have a good QB to start with. He's going to want more control over matters, and he will command anywhere from 8 to 10 million a year.

I've been hearing San Diego and it makes sense. They have a good QB in Rivers to start with, and their defense isn't too bad, they need some more weapons for Rivers and some help in their offensive line. I think Bill could make a difference for that team and finally get them back to a playoff team.
    There is an opening @ SD and I haven't heard any replacement news for Norv Turnner, so who knows this might be the year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowher to Philly or Chicago in that order. Philly will pay him a ton of money and Chicago has a QB.

However, if I'm him with the money he has in the bank I not getting back into that rat race for anything.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wait until 2014 Cowher. If Tomlin misses the playoffs again...Fire Tomlin & bring back Cowher.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Wait until 2014 Cowher. If Tomlin misses the playoffs again...Fire Tomlin & bring back Cowher.
    ...because Cowher never missed the playoffs in back-to-back seasons!!

Oooo...wait a minute...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Was just going to say this....Bill is waiting for the Rooney's to can Tomlin to ride back in on a white horse and ressurrect the franchise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...because Cowher never missed the playoffs in back-to-back seasons!!

Oooo...wait a minute...

If you think that statement is about missing the playoffs then you can't see what is going on down on the sidelines & in the locker room.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lol, you guys are really funny. Now the fans know what's going on in the locker room and down the sidelines..... Lmao
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Was just going to say this....Bill is waiting for the Rooney's to can Tomlin to ride back in on a white horse and ressurrect the franchise.
    I guess 1SB win in 15 years will resurrect the franchise, I don't know which statement is funnier....
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

If I'm Cowher: I'm staying right where I am. He's got a fantastic life. Very attractive new girfriend. A sweet, high paying job with little stress outside of how will I manage to watch tape of all the football games this week (oh my...). He can live at his beautiful house in the Carolina's for most of the week and get in some rounds of golf (he can probably get on any course in America ) and then fly to NYC for the weekend. Summers off. He's got job security to stay on TV as long as he wants. He's got it plush.

And Tomlin's going nowhere. He's here at least another 5 seasons unless he makes a choice to leave (don't see that happening). Rooney's will stick with him (as they should) for a good, long while.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I don't think BC has any agenda. He left on GREAT terms. The Rooney's fully supported his decision to step down. There was alot more to do with it than football. Tomlin is still the guy but if he can't get this team back on track in 2013 I am all for pursuing Cowher and letting Tomlin go. I also believe the Rooney's would love to have him back "IF"....