Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the year Cowher Returns To Coaching?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I guess 1SB win in 15 years will resurrect the franchise, I don't know which statement is funnier....
    The farther we get from a core of Cowher era/drafted players the worse we are. Lets see how we do when Casey-Keisel-Harrison-Troy-Ike-Foote are gone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Spitting in the face of players and dealing with over confident players won him how many SB, and championship home losses again?
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    The farther we get from a core of Cowher era/drafted players the worse we are. Lets see how we do when Casey-Keisel-Harrison-Troy-Ike-Foote are gone.
    Probably no worse when Noll players left Bill. If Bill couldn't win with
    A good healthy Ol, Dl a hall of fame Rb loylld, Brown, Green, Kirkland, Woodson, Lake, Perry, and the wrs he had then what make you think he could win now?
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I agree. "Completely falls apart" would start to fit that description if the Steelers don't make the playoffs in 2013.
    No. I'm thinking losing seasons for two consecutive years after this years even season. If some rebuilding does need to happen, you want to have a steady hand through it and not keep changing coaches like losing organizations do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    No. I'm thinking losing seasons for two consecutive years after this years even season. If some rebuilding does need to happen, you want to have a steady hand through it and not keep changing coaches like losing organizations do.
    Stability doesn't offer much if the player evaluation during the rebuilding isn't there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Spitting in the face of players and dealing with over confident players won him how many SB, and championship home losses again?
    And you think Tomlins 2 SB appearances have NOTHING to do with Cowhers's players and what he developed in them as professionals? Cowher got a QB in 2004 and made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with him and won a SB. Tomlin inherits that team has a SB win & a loss. I'm not taking anything away from Tomlin but he had some help before he got there. Tomlin also missed the playoffs 2 out of his 6 years here and has 2 "one & done" in the playoffs. Tomlin's fingerprints on this team come to the surface as more & more vets depart. He has some coaching up to do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Probably no worse when Noll players left Bill. If Bill couldn't win with
    A good healthy Ol, Dl a hall of fame Rb loylld, Brown, Green, Kirkland, Woodson, Lake, Perry, and the wrs he had then what make you think he could win now?
    Steelers woes over that time had nothing to do with defense. It was always about the offense and the inability to win if they got behind & I'm sure you remember that. The time they made runs is when Neil & Tommy where here & gave them any sense of a passing offense to go along with that D pre dating BB. Cowher got a QB in 2004 and went to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with BB a won a SB. If Cowher didn't retire...Would you expect something less than what Tomlin did? I would guess you could at very least put Tomlin's season's at the end of Cowher's if he stayed. The core was his players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I would give you that evaluation..That is fair. I'm more proactive & get agitated quicker.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Cowher was more of a "buddy" with his favorite players than Tomlin is...

Cowher inherited two Hall of Famers, Woodson and Dawson, one on each side of the ball...in addition to players like Barry Foster, Merril Hoge and Eric Green on offense...Greg Lloyd, Hardy Nickerson and Carnell Lake on defense...

Please, let's don't pretend that Cowher did not inherit any talent...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Wait until 2014 Cowher. If Tomlin misses the playoffs again...Fire Tomlin & bring back Cowher.
    JPN, on your signature mock, Gavin Escobar is a good player. Love him. I was thinking about adding him to mine but thought the Steelers could still get a good TE later in Joseph Fauria or Levine Toilolo. Also love the pick of Tavarrus King. If he gets int the right situation he could be a huge surprise.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash