Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Is this the year Cowher Returns To Coaching?

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowher wasn't a hard ass with players. He was a hard ass towards media and officials.

Remember what Bettis said when Plax left? Coughlin was going to be different for him because Cowher never ran that tight of a ship.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Cowher wasn't a hard ass with players. He was a hard ass towards media and officials.

Remember what Bettis said when Plax left? Coughlin was going to be different for him because Cowher never ran that tight of a ship.
    So true...
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

We need a new ST coach. Let's bring back Cowher.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Just an example, JPN...

By the way, what exactly is YOUR theory based on? Hmmm?
    I'm still waiting for his team to "not go gentle" & "unleash hell".

Players are an extension of their coaches. Late game collapses & not winning the games you should are the footprints of a mentally soft team. Talking about getting it corrected isn't the same as doing it. He lacks discipline among his players which is evident by the lack of their attention to detail. They are professionals. Don't be afraid to hurt their ego and not challenge them. Tomlin is what dictates the balance between team chemistry & accountabilty. I believe he is more of a "players coach" than someone who can coach a player. It is only getting more difficult as this team gets younger. Not everyone is self sufficient...Most Vets are. The young guys need direction and it is lacking. Tomlin can get this going in the right direction but I believe he needs to expect more out of his young players and make it known to them. I don't think he challanges his players enough. There is a difference between trying to motivate them with words & pushing them to get better. Tomlin seems like he rather pat them on the back when they are winning rather than kick them in the A$$ & tell them they need to get better.

That is my opinion. I could be wrong...And to be honest I hope I am so they get it turned around. Until I see the youth core respond the way they should...I have my doubts.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 01-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

The LeBeau defense was blowing 4th quarter leads long before Tomlin got here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Crash I'm glad that you are back to restore order in this joint. I lol
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Rooney should allow me to restore order to his football team and then his wallet.

He did it his way, to 8-8.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, own.

He should remember that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    The LeBeau defense was blowing 4th quarter leads long before Tomlin got here.
    So DL was DC under Cowher in 95 & 96. Lost in the SB in 95 and lost in the divisional round in 96 before he left for the Bengals. DL returns in 04 under Cowher and they lose in the AFCCG. 05 they win the SB & 06 is Cowhers last year where they go 8-8. So the Steelers with DL under Cowher went 8-3 in the post season while getting to the playoffs 4 out of the 5 years. 3 AFC division titles & 2 SB appearances. So how many 4th quarter leads was DL's defense blowing before Tomlin?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I don't think BC has any agenda. He left on GREAT terms. The Rooney's fully supported his decision to step down. There was alot more to do with it than football. Tomlin is still the guy but if he can't get this team back on track in 2013 I am all for pursuing Cowher and letting Tomlin go. I also believe the Rooney's would love to have him back "IF"....
    Cowher is going to ask for $7-10 million at his next stop. That is way too rich for the Rooneys, who don't like spending $ very much.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i wish he would go on a come back if he is going to. I personally don't think Cowher will ever return to coaching. He is just giving people a little bit of hope so they keep talking about him. If he did come back I don't think he would perform any miracles. But I would like to see what he would do.