Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the year Cowher Returns To Coaching?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Lol, you guys are really funny. Now the fans know what's going on in the locker room and down the sidelines..... Lmao
    So are you saying you are blind or you were in the band?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lol, you guys are really funny. Now the fans know what's going on in the locker room and down the sidelines..... Lmao
    I was thinking the same thing.

I could see Bill going to SD or Chi. He should probably stay away from Philly. Jimmy Haslem could pay him a LOT of cash to come to Cleveland as he is trying to change the culture there. There are fits for him if he wants to return, it's just a matter of who makes the invitation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    So are you saying you are blind or you were in the band?
    I saw nothing any different when Bill was coaching with Porter, Flowers etc I think you are seeing what you want to see.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope the best for Bill. It was a sad day when he left. That said, I don't want him back. Ever.

Tomlin is the right man for the job in Pittsburgh. Unless he just completely falls apart, he should be the coach here as long as he wants to be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If I'm Cowher: I'm staying right where I am. He's got a fantastic life. Very attractive new girfriend. A sweet, high paying job with little stress outside of how will I manage to watch tape of all the football games this week (oh my...). He can live at his beautiful house in the Carolina's for most of the week and get in some rounds of golf (he can probably get on any course in America ) and then fly to NYC for the weekend. Summers off. He's got job security to stay on TV as long as he wants. He's got it plush.

And Tomlin's going nowhere. He's here at least another 5 seasons unless he makes a choice to leave (don't see that happening). Rooney's will stick with him (as they should) for a good, long while.
    Tomlin is signed through 2016 but they will not settle for mediocrity just to see his contract out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I hope the best for Bill. It was a sad day when he left. That said, I don't want him back. Ever.

Tomlin is the right man for the job in Pittsburgh. Unless he just completely falls apart, he should be the coach here as long as he wants to be.

$$$$$$ Would agree with every letter, syllable and word you typed.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw nothing any different when Bill was coaching with Porter, Flowers etc I think you are seeing what you want to see.
    Tomlin inherited a mental tough veteran team. As the veterans come to the end of their careers & the youth sit at the table...You can see the difference. Porter & Flower's antics was not a reflection of the coaching...Their discipline & accountabilty was. You can talk the talk on the field...There is nothing wrong with confidence. Cowher was not afraid to get in the face of Porter, Flowers, & even LLoyd...He drew the line on player-coach relationship as a professional. Tomlin better learn quick the difference because the influx of youth over the last couple years & going forward will require him to be a coach...Not a buddy. I'm seeing what is going on...Not what I don't want to see. I am a fan or Tomlin & Cowher...But if Tomlin can't do his job...I won't be. Tomlin will be challanged over the next couple years as a coach. He didn't respond well in 2012.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 01-09-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If I were a GM, i'd be looking for the next 33 year old Bill Cowher, not the OLD one who's not as hungry anymore.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

I agree. "Completely falls apart" would start to fit that description if the Steelers don't make the playoffs in 2013.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    If I were a GM, i'd be looking for the next 33 year old Bill Cowher, not the OLD one who's not as hungry anymore.
    They did in Tomlin. Hopefully that book has a great ending. But if it doesn't....

Do you think calling Cowher an OLD coach who isn't hungry anymore an accurate statement?