Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lolley: Steelers' Contract Situations

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I strongly believe that the Steelers will restructure Harrison's contract and Deebo will return for another season at a much lower salary.
    Agreed- cutting Harrison all together would bring the angry hoardes to the door, not to mention weaken the team.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A big name player have to go period... And i think Harrison wont play for a couple of mills, he may take the Ward route praying that someone will pay him then end up back/retiring.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ok I am confused. It has been reported here on Planetsteelers that the Steelers would be close to $30 million over the cap. But Lolley is saying only $13 million. Is this correct? If so this is great news. They aren't in bad shape at all.
    The "$13 million dollars" Does not include the Restricted Free-Agent tenders. If you include these and the likely-to-be earned incentives, we are probably closer to 20 to 21 million dollars over the cap.

Also count the fact we need to lock-up Lewis and maybe Allen long-term this off-season and you have a limited cap situation even after cuts and restructures.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Harrison has already said he would agree to a salary cut to stay. I think he'll get that chance.
    He meant he would restructure. I think they will cut him and try to sign him to a very small deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He meant he would restructure. I think they will cut him and try to sign him to a very small deal.
    I'd like to see the statements because I thought I heard pay cut as well.

Last year, Harrison's agent was pushing for a restructure, in part because he knew that it would make it more difficult for the Steelers to cut Harrison this year if he restructured last year. The Steelers didn't bite.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'd like to see the statements because I thought I heard pay cut as well.

Last year, Harrison's agent was pushing for a restructure, in part because he knew that it would make it more difficult for the Steelers to cut Harrison this year if he restructured last year. The Steelers didn't bite.
    How much pride does James Harrison have? He must ask himself if he can start over on another team/scheme at his age and succeed. Or does he take a real pay cut and play one more year for the Steelers and cement his legacy?

If I'm the Steelers I am cutting him to realize the largest possible gain towards the cap and then trying to re-sign him to a team friendly deal.

I also heard today that teams actually can designate two cut players as post June 1 cuts.

Rookie

User Info Menu

IIRC, James Harrison restructured his contract in both 2011 and 2012...while it helped the Steelers get under the cap, it also paid James a crapload of money up front...

Last year, and perhaps James agrees with me, he was paid for work that he didn't do...

Legend

User Info Menu

Same with Troy.

I guess he can go too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I strongly believe that the Steelers will restructure Harrison's contract and Deebo will return for another season at a much lower salary.

I think the Steelers definition of a "lower salary" will be much different than Harrison's. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Harriosn was not back.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think the Steelers definition of a "lower salary" will be much different than Harrison's. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Harriosn was not back.
    it honestly wouldn't surprise me either way. I just think Harrison can still play and the Steelers don't have anyone as good to play ROLB next season and that Deebo doesn't want his Steeler career to end this way.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha