IMHO, this team was close to being a super bowl contender but not quite there. I don't think it does us any good to reload for one more year with some of these older guys as opposed to using 2013 as a chance to retool and get in good shape in terms of the cap. As mentioned this is not the last year we have Ben and I would rather see the Steelers set themselves up for five or six more good chances with Ben at the helm rather than try to win one more with a group of guys that seem to be spending an increasing amount of time on the bench.

What's more, I don't think Troy is the disruptive force he used to be -- even when healthy. I think teams have improved the way they plan for him.

So I would definitely be in the rip the band-aid off camp (I actually wanted them to do it last off season).

Out: Troy, Ike, Harrison, Kiesel
Keep: Anybody who protects Ben, Plax if cheap
Borderline: Foote, Mendy, Wallace (if he is even interested in staying)

Move Woodley to the right and play Worilds on the left. If Woodley doesn't perform up to his pay level next year, then ship him as well. Given what we are spending on D, it shouldn't take three years to fold players into the starting 11. I like DL, but if I was the FO, it would seem hard to justify spending that much on D and at the same time requiring 2-3 years to get a guy up to speed.

Also, we need a punter who can pin teams deep. I'd gladly give up a few yards per punt if it meant getting a guy who could consistently kill a ball inside the ten.

I know there is a line of thinking that the FO should essentially mortgage the future to try to win with Ben now. But given that there will still be time to do that over the next six years or so, I don't see the point.